RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp refuses changed images

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp refuses changed images A. den Oudsten 07 Aug 19:37
  Gimp refuses changed images VytautasP 08 Aug 10:30
   Gimp refuses changed images A. den Oudsten 08 Aug 15:47
Gimp refuses changed images Jonesy gimp-2.2.4 08 Aug 19:43
A. den Oudsten
2006-08-07 19:37:51 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

When I change an image in Gimp I cannot write down the changed image The message is: Access denied.
How to operate to avoid that message? Thanks Andre den Oudsten

VytautasP
2006-08-08 10:30:20 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

A. den Oudsten wrote:

When I change an image in Gimp I cannot write down the changed image The message is: Access denied.

What OS do you use? What version of GIMP do you use? Do you have modification rights for original file? And for full path to image? Aren't there some not-English letters in names of folders in the path to image?
Copy it somewhere else and the t should work.

A. den Oudsten
2006-08-08 15:47:54 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

VytautasP wrote:

A. den Oudsten wrote:

What OS do you use? What version of GIMP do you use?

Gimp 2.2 in Suse Linux 10.0

Do you have modification rights for original file? And for full path to image? Aren't there some not-English letters in names of folders in the path to image?

Thanks for the hint to modification rights! It was a photo copied from a CD-Rom. I learned to check, in that case, the owner rights. André den Oudsten

Jonesy gimp-2.2.4
2006-08-08 19:43:39 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:47:54 +0200, A. den Oudsten wrote:

VytautasP wrote:

A. den Oudsten wrote:

How to operate to avoid that message?

What OS do you use? What version of GIMP do you use?

Gimp 2.2 in Suse Linux 10.0

Do you have modification rights for original file? And for full path=20 to image? Aren't there some not-English letters in names of folders in=20 the path to image?

Thanks for the hint to modification rights! It was a photo copied from a CD-Rom. I learned to check, in that case, the owner rights.

It's probably _not_ "owner rights" that are upsetting your attempts to save the image (back over itself.) Files copied from a CDROM are marked as Read-Only -- because - Taa!-Daa! - files on a CDROM are _not_ writeable. When you copy them down to your hard-drive they are marked r-xr-xr-x (or, for you winderz users: the attributes are set to R/O.) Just chmod the file to 600 (or, ATTRIB -R .)

"Owner Rights" are something else entirely -- a whole separate topic.

Jonesy