RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

draw simple and common shapes?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

draw simple and common shapes? Senectus . 19 Jul 11:29
  draw simple and common shapes? Jakub Steiner 19 Jul 11:47
   draw simple and common shapes? Luc Novalès 20 Jul 08:48
Senectus .
2006-07-19 11:29:15 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Can anyone point out to me if there is a plugin or script for drawing simple shapes like arrows or speech bubbles for GIMP ? I used to be able to pump these out of PSP very quickly, is that possible for GIMP, or will I have to create them by hand every time?

Thanks

Jakub Steiner
2006-07-19 11:47:26 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 17:29 +0800, Senectus . wrote:

Can anyone point out to me if there is a plugin or script for drawing simple shapes like arrows or speech bubbles for GIMP ? I used to be able to pump these out of PSP very quickly, is that possible for GIMP, or will I have to create them by hand every time?

Hi.
You'd be better off with doing these things in Inkscape[1], a vector illustrator. They have very nice tools for creating arrowheads and editable rounded rectangles. It sounds like a much better tool for the job you describe.

cheers

[1] http://www.inkscape.org

Luc Novalès
2006-07-20 08:48:53 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Jakub Steiner a écrit :

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 17:29 +0800, Senectus . wrote:

Hi.
You'd be better off with doing these things in Inkscape[1], a vector illustrator. They have very nice tools for creating arrowheads and editable rounded rectangles. It sounds like a much better tool for the job you describe.

+1

and if you want use these shapes in Gimp, you can import them as paths.

Luc.