RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to copy mask to layers

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how to copy mask to layers Thadeu Penna 16 Jul 20:26
  how to copy mask to layers saulgoode@brickfilms.com 17 Jul 20:56
Thadeu Penna
2006-07-16 20:26:53 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

I have a mask in one layer that I would like to copy to all others. Is it possible in Gimp, besides going one-to-one ?

saulgoode@brickfilms.com
2006-07-17 20:56:17 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Quoting Thadeu Penna :

I have a mask in one layer that I would like to copy to all others. Is it possible in Gimp, besides going one-to-one ?

This would be very easy to script. In fact, I whipped up a Script-fu that might meet you needs and it is available at

http://flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com/GIMP/Scripts/copy-mask.scm

What the script does is copy the layer mask of the active layer to all visible layers (unless they already have a layer mask or they do not have an alpha channel). If the active layer does not have a layer mask then the script will use a grayscale copy of the layer (if the active layer is visible then it also will have a mask added). There is very little error checking and the script will fail if any of the visible layers are not the same size as the active layer.