RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Stroke Paths - Taper option?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Stroke Paths - Taper option? Ben Schreiner 27 Jun 16:37
  Stroke Paths - Taper option? Olivier Ripoll 27 Jun 17:29
  Stroke Paths - Taper option? Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 28 Jun 04:58
  200606272359.53255.gwidion@... Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 28 Jun 04:59
Ben Schreiner
2006-06-27 16:37:24 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

I'd like to be able to taper the size of the brush (up or down) as it strokes along a path with a stroke line or possibly even a paint tool.

I assume this would at least need a script to achieve.

Is there any way for this to be done easily, or should I be looking at commissioning a script and/or development on the path tool.

I much prefer working with vectors than with rasters in general, but Inkscape doesn't seem to support this either.

TIA

Ben Schreiner

Olivier Ripoll
2006-06-27 17:29:58 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Ben Schreiner wrote:

I'd like to be able to taper the size of the brush (up or down) as it strokes along a path with a stroke line or possibly even a paint tool.

Is there any way for this to be done easily, or should I be looking at commissioning a script and/or development on the path tool.

I much prefer working with vectors than with rasters in general, but Inkscape doesn't seem to support this either.

TIA

Ben Schreiner

The only idea I can come with is to use a animated brush (image pipe) having lots of brushes from 1 pixel to the maximum size you want. Then, stroking using the paintbrush tool would be close to what you want.

The parametric brushes could be a nice tool for that too, if I could find any documentation on how to generate them ;)

Best regards,

Olivier

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2006-06-28 04:58:32 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 11:37 am, Ben Schreiner wrote:

Hi ben,

I have a python script that follows paths and paint strokes perpendicular to them.
It does not vary the stroke length - just the color, but it would be a trivial change.

The final result is far from perfect, as it is a simple script I created for an effect I wanted once. So ther emay be lots of empty spaces unless you reduce spacing a lot.

I will send you the script privately - I hoipe you are on linux and have gimp-python installed.

JS ->

TIA

Ben Schreiner