RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

verkettete ebenen zusammenfügen , copy paste layers

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

verkettete ebenen zusammenfügen, copy paste layers devvv 27 Jun 10:17
  verkettete ebenen zusammenfügen, copy past e layers Olivier Ripoll 27 Jun 11:10
   verkettete ebenen zusammenfügen, copy paste layers Michael Schumacher 27 Jun 13:05
   verkettete ebenen zusammenfügen , copy paste layers Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 28 Jun 05:09
devvv
2006-06-27 10:17:34 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

verkettete ebenen zusammenfügen, copy paste layers

hey guys,

got some questions for ya ;)

.) is there any possibility to merge connected layers instead of turning the desired ones visible and use ctrl+m? if not, is this considered to be implemented in future releases of GIMP?

.) is there a shortcut that allows you to duplicate a layer easily (without using the layer-duplicate-button)? for example if you have drawn a line, choose the move-tool, pressing ALT and then move the line to another place and its automatically duplicated? (i know this from photoshop).

.) how can i move a layer exactly on the horizontal or vertical axis? or at a fixed angle, maybe at 45°?

thanks in advance,

bernhard

Olivier Ripoll
2006-06-27 11:10:48 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

verkettete ebenen zusammenfügen, copy past e layers

devvv wrote:

hey guys,

got some questions for ya ;)

.) is there any possibility to merge connected layers instead of turning the desired ones visible and use ctrl+m? if not, is this considered to be implemented in future releases of GIMP?

That's 2 questions... so it should be 2 bullets ;) so my answers would be :
.) I don't think so
.) I don't know

.) is there a shortcut that allows you to duplicate a layer easily (without using the layer-duplicate-button)?

Well, pressing the "duplicate layer button" is easy, isn't it? You can also drag and drop the layer thumbnail to the image window. Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V also duplicates stuff.

for example if you have
drawn a line, choose the move-tool, pressing ALT and then move the line to another place and its automatically duplicated? (i know this from photoshop).

.) how can i move a layer exactly on the horizontal or vertical axis? or at a fixed angle, maybe at 45°?

You can use the arrow keys (pressing Shift moves 10 pixels at a time). Another way is to place a guide at one edge of the layer and using it to guide the movement (guide are "magnetic") of the layer. For horizontal and vertical movements only.

Best regards,

Olivier

Michael Schumacher
2006-06-27 13:05:42 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

verkettete ebenen zusammenfügen, copy paste layers

Von: Olivier Ripoll

devvv wrote:

so my answers would be :
.) I don't think so

There is gimp_drawable_get_linked which returns the linked status of a layer, so it should be easy to write a script which does what you want.

.) I don't know

It is planned to have layer groups, and merging a layer groups is an operation that sounds useful, so I guess it might be added. In the meantime, a script will do.

.) is there a shortcut that allows you to duplicate a layer easily (without using the layer-duplicate-button)?

Well, pressing the "duplicate layer button" is easy, isn't it? You can also drag and drop the layer thumbnail to the image window. Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V also duplicates stuff.

Ctrl+Shift+D is the default shortcut, but you can easily change this in the shortcut editor.

HTH, Michael

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2006-06-28 05:09:25 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

verkettete ebenen zusammenfügen , copy paste layers

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 06:10 am, Olivier Ripoll wrote:

.) how can i move a layer exactly on the horizontal or vertical axis? or

at a fixed angle, maybe at 45°?

You can use the arrow keys (pressing Shift moves 10 pixels at a time). Another way is to place a guide at one edge of the layer and using it to guide the movement (guide are "magnetic") of the layer. For horizontal and vertical movements only.

That is, unless your gimp can create and work with Free guides. Then just place a guide at 45 degrees and snap the layer to it.

Oh dear... I am afraid your gimp does not quite have support to free guides.

Best regards,

Olivier

JS
->ve just
tried snapping a layer to a guide at 45°, and it works flawlessly.