RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to do Angled Gradient Fills

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Drop Shadow question Wade Smart 25 Jun 21:11
Drop Shadow Question Wade Smart 29 Jun 18:53
  Drop Shadow Question VytautasP 29 Jun 18:59
   How to do Angled Gradient Fills saulgoode@brickfilms.com 03 Jul 16:17
    How to do Angled Gradient Fills A 03 Jul 18:27
     How to do Angled Gradient Fills Kungla 03 Jul 19:54
      How to do Angled Gradient Fills Kungla 03 Jul 20:01
  Drop Shadow Question Akkana Peck 29 Jun 19:50
Wade Smart
2006-06-25 21:11:45 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Drop Shadow question

06252006 1409 GMT-6

Im using 2.28 and trying to use the Python-Fu > Effects > Drop Shadow. I thought it was droping black because that was the foreground color but after changing the color - its still black. Is this ONLY available in black?

wade

Wade Smart
2006-06-29 18:53:10 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Drop Shadow Question

06292006 1151 GMT_6

I asked about this Drop Shadow and someone responded back that I have to click on color button - but I dont have that. I have from top to bottom: Shadow Blur, Bevel the Image, Make a drop shadow, x displacement, y displacement, ok and cancel.

Wade

06252006 1409 GMT-6

Im using 2.28 and trying to use the Python-Fu > Effects > Drop Shadow. I thought it was droping black because that was the foreground color but after changing the color - its still black. Is this ONLY available in black?

wade

VytautasP
2006-06-29 18:59:55 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Drop Shadow Question

Wade Smart wrote:

06292006 1151 GMT_6

I asked about this Drop Shadow and someone responded back that I have to click on color button - but I dont have that. I have from top to bottom: Shadow Blur, Bevel the Image, Make a drop shadow, x displacement, y displacement, ok and cancel.

Wade

06252006 1409 GMT-6

Use Script-Fu>Shadow>Drop Shadow

Akkana Peck
2006-06-29 19:50:19 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Drop Shadow Question

Wade Smart writes:

It sounds like you're looking at Drop Shadow and Bevel, not Drop Shadow. Those are two completely different plug-ins. Drop Shadow (written in script-fu) has a color button, Drop Shadow and Bevel (written in python) does not.

saulgoode@brickfilms.com
2006-07-03 16:17:06 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

A, I am not sure if the following produces the effect you desire, but it should be easy enough to test it out.

* Activate the QuickMask and stroke your path with a WHITE pen.

* Deactivate QuickMask.

* Use the Blend tool to fill the selection with the appropriate gradient. You will probably wish to set the Shape to "Shaped (angular)".

A
2006-07-03 18:27:57 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 07:17 -0700, saulgoode wrote:

A, I am not sure if the following produces the effect you desire, but it should be easy enough to test it out.

* Deactivate QuickMask.

* Use the Blend tool to fill the selection with the appropriate gradient. You will probably wish to set the Shape to "Shaped (angular)".

Thanks - that almost works.

First problem is that the shaped (angular) gradient is also bi-linear. So what I did was try it twice on two layers, once from low to middle and once from middle to high. Then chopped out half of each. (Since I actually have a lower layer filled two colours, the chop out was, luckily, easy to do using an intersection colour selection) Unfortunately, the result was still pretty much unusable.

Here's a hand in the picture I'm creating, done this way.

http://66.40.35.24/Hand.png

If I can't find a better way I'll use that one - since it's way better than what I can do by hand, but hopefully someone knows a way to get a perfect result.

However, thanks for the QuickMask bit - I never knew about it before! Very useful!

Kungla
2006-07-03 19:54:52 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi

I do all smooth lines with select menu:

For example if you have a hand path - you can then make a selection from it (from Path Tab).
You can allways save your selections to channels (From selection Tab) so you can leter to channel to selection (from channel Tab) Then make a selection from the curved path (that you have inside the hand) - this selection should bigger than (at leaset 100px bigger in this example) the hand. Then from menus Select-Feather (for exapmle 100px) and add the darker color to it. Then get again you hand selection, then Select->Invert and cut out all outside of the hand.

It's simple to show but hard to describe.

HPH, Valter

On 7/3/06, A wrote:

* Deactivate QuickMask.

First problem is that the shaped (angular) gradient is also bi-linear. So what I did was try it twice on two layers, once from low to middle and once from middle to high. Then chopped out half of each. (Since I actually have a lower layer filled two colours, the chop out was, luckily, easy to do using an intersection colour selection) Unfortunately, the result was still pretty much unusable.

If I can't find a better way I'll use that one - since it's way better than what I can do by hand, but hopefully someone knows a way to get a perfect result.

However, thanks for the QuickMask bit - I never knew about it before! Very useful!

Kungla
2006-07-03 20:01:33 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Wanted to add

Hope This Helps not HPH :)

But this is not important.

Maybe you can combine my example whit masks and to it a bit easyer

Valter

On 7/3/06, Kungla wrote:

Hi

I do all smooth lines with select menu:

For example if you have a hand path - you can then make a selection from it (from Path Tab).
You can allways save your selections to channels (From selection Tab) so you can leter to channel to selection (from channel Tab) Then make a selection from the curved path (that you have inside the hand) - this selection should bigger than (at leaset 100px bigger in this example) the hand. Then from menus Select-Feather (for exapmle 100px) and add the darker color to it. Then get again you hand selection, then Select->Invert and cut out all outside of the hand.

It's simple to show but hard to describe.

HPH, Valter

On 7/3/06, A wrote:

* Deactivate QuickMask.