RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMPZine

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Combine 2 pictures Thomas w. Cranston 18 Jun 23:37
  Combine 2 pictures saulgoode@brickfilms.com 18 Jun 22:49
  Combine 2 pictures Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 19 Jun 05:11
   GIMPZine Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha 19 Jun 15:06
saulgoode@brickfilms.com
2006-06-18 22:49:28 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Combine 2 pictures

I am surmising that the problem which you are experiencing is because you haven't adjusted your "canvas size" to accommodate both layers side-by-side. The easiest way to do this (assuming that you have two separate layers) is to move one layer completely outside of the other layer and then perform an "Image->Fit canvas to layers" command. You should then be able to see both layers in your window and can place them accordingly. After you have the layers where you wish, you should crop your image to eliminate the unwanted portions.

Quoting "Thomas w. Cranston" :

I scanned artwork that was bigger than my scanner, by scanning the right end, and then the left end. I saved the 2 images, as a, and b.

How do I do this, so that I can combine them as one image.

Thomas w. Cranston
2006-06-18 23:37:51 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Combine 2 pictures

I scanned artwork that was bigger than my scanner, by scanning the right end, and then the left end. I saved the 2 images, as a, and b.

I next opened up bothe images, and tried moving image b, onto the window with image a. I first tried pasting b next to image a, but it covers a. I next tried dragging b into the window w/a. That did not work either.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2006-06-19 05:11:18 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Combine 2 pictures

On Sunday 18 June 2006 06:37 pm, Thomas w. Cranston wrote:

I next opened up bothe images, and tried moving image b, onto the window with image a. I first tried pasting b next to image a, but it covers a. I next tried dragging b into the window w/a. That did not work either.

Image->Resize Canvas on one otf the imaegs. Set it big enbough to acomodate both images. Then,. just copy and paste, and click on layers->new layer after pasting. That will give you 2 independent layers, each with one image. You can then drag then around, and use the perspective tool to make then match. Go to the layers dialog (dialogs->layers), and redduce the opacity of the lauer that is above to make it easier to put it on the right place.

Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
2006-06-19 15:06:41 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

GIMPZine

For Portuguese speakers nice to see this Fanzine.

http://www.ogimp.com.br/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=1

Regards Ezequias