RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Am I stupid!? Changing color does not work

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Am I stupid!? Changing color does not work Norbert Preining 15 Jun 02:13
  Am I stupid!? Changing color does not work Carol Spears 15 Jun 02:48
   Am I stupid!? Changing color does not work saulgoode@brickfilms.com 15 Jun 04:28
   Am I stupid!? Changing color does not work Norbert Preining 18 Jun 08:55
Norbert Preining
2006-06-15 02:13:34 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi all!

I have an image and I want to change all colors into a different one. So what did I do:
* Select region by color
* switch to pencil tool
opacity 100
mode normal
circle big
color the new I want
and then I thought I can draw and the colors would be exchanged.

Well, instead of a nice blue I get a smeary grey, strange. Looks like instead of *replacing* the values of the pixels some combination of the pixel values is done.

I thought with opacity 100 this will not happen, but I seem to be wrong. Any idea/help???

Best wishes

Norbert

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dr. Norbert Preining Università di Siena gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ABOYNE (vb.)
To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him. --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Carol Spears
2006-06-15 02:48:55 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 02:13:34AM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:

Hi all!

I have an image and I want to change all colors into a different one. So what did I do:
* Select region by color
* switch to pencil tool
opacity 100
mode normal
circle big
color the new I want

Well, instead of a nice blue I get a smeary grey, strange. Looks like instead of *replacing* the values of the pixels some combination of the pixel values is done.

I thought with opacity 100 this will not happen, but I seem to be wrong. Any idea/help???

i think you are probably painting an indexed image.

change the mode to rgb using Image/Mode/RGB

you are not stupid. your image is.

carol

saulgoode@brickfilms.com
2006-06-15 04:28:05 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

If you are indeed editing an Indexed image, you may wish to leave it in Indexed Mode and open the "Dialogs->Color Map" window. This will allow you to individually change each of the colors in the image. This will be tedious if you have more than a couple dozen colors but if you have only a few (for example, a cartoon graphic), this is a quick and easy way to change the colors.

Quoting Carol Spears :

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 02:13:34AM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:

Hi all!

* Select region by color
* switch to pencil tool
opacity 100
mode normal
circle big
color the new I want

you are not stupid. your image is.

carol

Norbert Preining
2006-06-18 08:55:41 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On Mit, 14 Jun 2006, Carol Spears wrote:

Thanks a lot, I will check this ASAP. Didn't cross my mind.

Best wishes

Norbert

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dr. Norbert Preining Università di Siena gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- `Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.' you should send that in to the
"Reader's Digest". They've got a page for people like you.' --- Ford convincing Arthur to drink three pints in ten --- minutes at lunchtime. --- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy