RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Text not scaling in gimp.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Text not scaling in gimp. Sharon Diehm 05 Jun 04:33
  Text not scaling in gimp. Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 05 Jun 04:58
Sharon Diehm
2006-06-05 04:33:21 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi,
I am a new user to Gimp release 2.2.8. I have started using the text feature in Gimp. How can I make gimp scale the text to the size I want it? It just stays the same size on screen no matter how much editing I do with the tool options box.

Help much appreciated.

Leanne

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2006-06-05 04:58:48 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On Sunday 04 June 2006 11:33 pm, Sharon Diehm wrote:

Hi,
I am a new user to Gimp release 2.2.8. I have started using the text feature in Gimp. How can I make gimp scale the text to the size I want it? It just stays the same size on screen no matter how much editing I do with the tool options box.

Help much appreciated.

Hi Leanne,

If you had tried changing the font size on the tool options, so it is a problem with the specific font you are using. Some kinds of fonts simply do not scale withthe mechanisms The GIMP uses. Try with other fonts. If that works, and you need some specific font that does not scale, you may try to find its file on the disk and convert it to some other type of font file.

Leanne