RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Miniature in top left corner when opening tiff images scanned with Nikon Coolscan V

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Miniature in top left corner when opening tiff images scanned with Nikon Coolscan V Fredrik Israelsson 24 May 13:10
  Miniature in top left corner when opening tiff images scanned with Nikon Coolscan V Bruno Postle 24 May 13:37
Fredrik Israelsson
2006-05-24 13:10:17 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Miniature in top left corner when opening tiff images scanned with Nikon Coolscan V

Hi!
I am having trouble editing tiff images captured using Nikon Coolscan V. Gimp shows the image with a miniature of the same image added in the top left corner. I can't make it go away. This happens both on Linux and on Windows.
When viewing the same image using gThumb (Linux) or Windows Image Viewer (Windows XP), it works just fine.

Why is this? Does it have something to do with the Nikon ICC profile? What can I do to prevent this?

Hardware: Nikon Coolscan V. Scanner software: Nikon Scan 4.0
Some images edited by Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0. Scanning and editing has been made on Windows XP.

Thank You very much !

Regards, Fredrik

Bruno Postle
2006-05-24 13:37:28 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Fredrik Israelsson wrote:

I am having trouble editing tiff images captured using Nikon Coolscan V. Gimp shows the image with a miniature of the same image added in the top left corner. I can't make it go away. This happens both on Linux and on Windows.

This is the preview thumbnail stored in the file by the camera, the Gimp interprets it as another layer so it appears on top.

Either delete the layer or tell the camera not to generate thumbnails in the first place.