RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

mask layer

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mask layer adly mabro 19 May 22:33
mask layer saulgoode@brickfilms.com 20 May 02:18
mask layer saulgoode@brickfilms.com 20 May 02:59
adly mabro
2006-05-19 22:33:57 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

mask layer

I'm using gap.
I'm unable to make my mask appear in the move path source image/layer selection. It remains "empty".
Adly

saulgoode@brickfilms.com
2006-05-20 02:18:42 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

mask layer

Adly,

1) The image that contains your "mask layer" must be opened. The Move Path plugin look for files on your disk, they must be opened.

2) The "mask" image must be the same Mode as the destination. If you mask is a Grayscale image and the destination image is RGB, the GAP will not display it in the "Source image/layer" box. (The same is true for Indexed images; the Modes must be the same.)

3) Your mask should be an actual layer and not a layer mask. If you "Move Path" a layer which has a layer mask, the mask will be applied to the layer before the layer is copied and the layer mask is lost.

Assuming that you have a layer mask that you wish to add this mask (not the layer it belongs to) to a sequence of frames, here is what you need to do:

a) Duplicate the layer/layermask. b) Select All for the duplicate (you could apply the mask if you wish) c) Use the duplicate as your "source image" in the Move Path command and choose your "Layerstack" position (in the bottom right of the window) so that the duplicate is placed directly ABOVE the layer to which it is to be added. d) After the Move Path has completed, perform a "Frames Modify->Layer Masks->Copy Mask From Layer Above". (Since there is no mask attached to the layer above, this operation results in the layer itself being copied as a mask.)

At least I think that is the best way to do it.

saulgoode@brickfilms.com
2006-05-20 02:59:07 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

mask layer

Sorry, the first criteria should have read as follows:

1) The image that contains your "mask layer" must be opened. The Move Path plugin DOES NOT look for files on your disk, they must be opened.