RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Help with batch printing please?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Help with batch printing please? Pásztor Lénárd Zoltán 18 May 13:46
  Help with batch printing please? Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 19 May 06:40
Pásztor Lénárd Zoltán
2006-05-18 13:46:26 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi!

I change strings in a formerly made psd and I would like print it with cups on a distant printer. Because lpr cannot interpret the psd, I need to convert it. Imagemagick displays only a blank picture and the result of the conversion is a blank picture too. I successfully printed it with Gimp through gimp-print. Because I'm a beginner with Gimp and Gimp batch scripts, that's why I would like to ask for a simple Gimp batch script that sends the file defined in the parameter to the printer.

Maybe you can suggest another format where the text seen on the picture is stored as a string in the file and it is changeable - with sed for example. I found only the psd format till now, that's why I choose it, but I can't print it from the command line, so it needs a solution.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2006-05-19 06:40:12 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On Thursday 18 May 2006 08:46 am, Pásztor Lénárd Zoltán wrote:

Hi!

I change strings in a formerly made psd and I would like print it with cups on a distant printer. Because lpr cannot interpret the psd, I need to convert it. Imagemagick displays only a blank picture and the result of the conversion is a blank picture too. I successfully printed it with Gimp through gimp-print. Because I'm a beginner with Gimp and Gimp batch scripts, that's why I would like to ask for a simple Gimp batch script that sends the file defined in the parameter to the printer.

Maybe you can suggest another format where the text seen on the picture is stored as a string in the file and it is changeable - with sed for example. I found only the psd format till now, that's why I choose it, but I can't print it from the command line, so it needs a solution.

you could do that in postscript itself.

CHanging a string in postscript is not even a hack - it is the norm. :-)

And certaily lpr would not have trouble using postscript.

you can simply save a postscript image with the gimp, and inside the file, insert before the "showpage" command a few lines to draw your text.

However, setting the font with that can be a bit tricky.