RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

History of operations

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

History of operations Jon Lapham 14 May 16:03
  History of operations David Hodson 14 May 16:16
   History of operations Jon Lapham 14 May 16:27
Jon Lapham
2006-05-14 16:03:47 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

History of operations

Does anyone know if it is possible to generate a list of image manipulation operations that have been performed during a session in the Gimp?

So, for example, imagine you opened a file and applied an Unsharpen Mask using a radius of 5, 0.5 amount and a threshold of 0. Followed by cropping the image to 300x300 starting at 0,100. I would like to see a list something like this:

1) open file foo.jpg 2) filter:unsharp_mask 5:0.5:0
3) crop 300x300+0+100

PS: I would like to use this list of operations to create a way to store a history of how an image was processed.

Thanks! -Jon

David Hodson
2006-05-14 16:16:31 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

History of operations

Jon Lapham wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to generate a list of image manipulation operations that have been performed during a session in the Gimp?

No, as far as I know it's not possible.

PS: I would like to use this list of operations to create a way to store a history of how an image was processed.

Do you just want to record the list of operations, or do you want to apply the same list to a collection of images? DBP is a batch processing plugin for the Gimp, which can do all the operations you mentioned. It's at:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html

Jon Lapham
2006-05-14 16:27:20 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

History of operations

David Hodson wrote:

Jon Lapham wrote:

No, as far as I know it's not possible.

Ugh, I figured as much.

Do you just want to record the list of operations, or do you want to apply the same list to a collection of images? DBP is a batch processing plugin for the Gimp, which can do all the operations you mentioned. It's at:

I do not want to reapply the same operations to other images. Ten years from now, I just want to know what I did to an image. That is, I want an image processing history.

PS: David, I have already been using your batch processing utility, it works great! But, not what I am looking for here.