RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Using PDB To Transform Paths

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Using PDB To Transform Paths saulgoode@brickfilms.com 28 Apr 09:23
  Using PDB To Transform Paths Simon Budig 28 Apr 10:15
   Using PDB To Transform Paths Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 28 Apr 19:49
saulgoode@brickfilms.com
2006-04-28 09:23:28 UTC (about 18 years ago)

I am trying to determine a way to transform (scale, rotate, etc) a path using PDB functions. This would be similar to the way the various Transform Tools permit the selection of the "Affect" option.

At a minimum, I should like to perform a simple X-Y scaling of a path; so as an alternate solution, is it reasonable to just apply a scale factor to all of the path points to achieve this? Or does this not work with Bezier curves?

Thanks.

Simon Budig
2006-04-28 10:15:17 UTC (about 18 years ago)

saulgoode@brickfilms.com (saulgoode@brickfilms.com) wrote:

I am trying to determine a way to transform (scale, rotate, etc) a path using PDB functions. This would be similar to the way the various Transform Tools permit the selection of the "Affect" option.

At a minimum, I should like to perform a simple X-Y scaling of a path; so as an alternate solution, is it reasonable to just apply a scale factor to all of the path points to achieve this? Or does this not work with Bezier curves?

In current development versions there is a new PDB API for paths that includes the function gimp-vectors-stroke-scale() that does what you want to do. Hmm. Come to think of it I probably also should add gimp-vectors-scale for convenience. Not sure.

However in 2.2 this is not possible. Sorry...

I hope this helps, Simon

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2006-04-28 19:49:12 UTC (about 18 years ago)

On Friday 28 April 2006 05:15 am, Simon Budig wrote:

saulgoode@brickfilms.com (saulgoode@brickfilms.com) wrote:

In current development versions there is a new PDB API for paths that includes the function gimp-vectors-stroke-scale() that does what you want to do. Hmm. Come to think of it I probably also should add gimp-vectors-scale for convenience. Not sure.

However in 2.2 this is not possible. Sorry...

I hope this helps, Simon

Hi Simon!

I am in a hurry here, but I guess it should be possible to transform any path with any transform using the PDB. I f it is not in place, we should do that for 2.4. How is it today?

Saul,

as for what you need, I have some python routines that can do that. GIMP-Python does not work under window for gimp-2.2 - but I will mail you the relevant script just in case you are under GNU/Linux or some *BSD.

Regards,
JS
->