RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fwd: Re: [magick-users] flatten not work

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 10 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

34d62d340604200736w429f7f2d... 07 Oct 20:17
  [magick-users] flatten not work steven woody 22 Apr 12:06
   [magick-users] flatten not work Sven Neumann 22 Apr 14:35
ed4892840604200019o6c13f396... 07 Oct 20:17
ed4892840604221753o5021086c... 07 Oct 20:17
  Fwd: Re: [magick-users] flatten not work steven woody 23 Apr 02:54
   Fwd: Re: [magick-users] flatten not work Patrick Shanahan 23 Apr 03:19
   Fwd: Re: [magick-users] flatten not work Stephan Hegel 23 Apr 10:12
    Fwd: Re: [magick-users] flatten not work steven woody 23 Apr 11:46
     Fwd: Re: [magick-users] flatten not work Simon Budig 23 Apr 13:26
steven woody
2006-04-22 12:06:56 UTC (about 18 years ago)

[magick-users] flatten not work

:-( the same doesn't work for me. and, the 'display' can only display one layer of the image too. what's the cause ? the original three layers in the image was got from the 'decomposite' command of GIMP.

thanks.

On 4/20/06, T F wrote:

On 4/20/06, steven woody wrote:

i have many xcf files each has sperated layers for each color ( r, g, b ). now, i run convert on them with a '-flatten' switch as below:

convert a.xcf -flatten b.jpg

but the result is not as expected, i only get a picture with one color.

when using version:

/usr/bin/convert -version Version: ImageMagick 6.0.7 02/20/06 Q16

this works for me under bash:

/usr/bin/convert -flatten -quality 95 $i ${i/xcf/jpg}

but in general, i use:

convert -version Version: ImageMagick 6.2.6 04/13/06 Q8

for some reason, the same command line didn't work anymore after I upgraded to 6.2.6, so as a quick work around, I use the old version 6.0.7 for flattening.

best, mike

--
woody

Sven Neumann
2006-04-22 14:35:03 UTC (about 18 years ago)

[magick-users] flatten not work

Hi,

"steven woody" writes:

:-( the same doesn't work for me. and, the 'display' can only display one layer of the image too. what's the cause ? the original three layers in the image was got from the 'decomposite' command of GIMP.

ImageMagick simply doesn't implement all features of XCF since XCF is the native file format of GIMP and only GIMP supports it completely. If you want to flatten an XCF image or convert it to a different format, use GIMP for it.

If you need to do this from the command-line, there are a couple of XCF to PNG converter scripts using the GIMP batch mode. Try to google for xcf2png.

Sven

steven woody
2006-04-23 02:54:02 UTC (about 18 years ago)

thank you. i have found the xcf2png and it works. the only question is how about if i want a xcf2tif? i think tiff is better than png, am i right? but since i don't familar with any of GIMP's script-Fu, i don't know how to modify the xcf2png.

On 4/22/06, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

"steven woody" writes:

ImageMagick simply doesn't implement all features of XCF since XCF is the native file format of GIMP and only GIMP supports it completely. If you want to flatten an XCF image or convert it to a different format, use GIMP for it.

If you need to do this from the command-line, there are a couple of XCF to PNG converter scripts using the GIMP batch mode. Try to google for xcf2png.

Sven

--
woody

Patrick Shanahan
2006-04-23 03:19:03 UTC (about 18 years ago)

* steven woody [04-22-06 20:57]:

the only question is how about if i want a xcf2tif? i think tiff is better than png, am i right?

Matter of opinion, png is a lossless format as is tiff and both have compression available. I personally perfer png....

Stephan Hegel
2006-04-23 10:12:51 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Hi,

As Sven mentioned there a couple of those scripts on the web: shell scripts with embedded script-fu, pure script-fu, etc. Which one are you using ?

If you use that one posted to http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/Gimp-Xcf-Image-Viewer-2399-1.html near the bottom of the page it should be obvious where to replace "png" with "tif".

Regards,
Stephan.

steven woody wrote:

thank you. i have found the xcf2png and it works. the only question is how about if i want a xcf2tif? i think tiff is better than png, am i right? but since i don't familar with any of GIMP's script-Fu, i don't know how to modify the xcf2png.

Hi,

"steven woody" writes:

Sven

--
woody

steven woody
2006-04-23 11:46:43 UTC (about 18 years ago)

On 4/23/06, Stephan Hegel wrote:

Hi,

As Sven mentioned there a couple of those scripts on the web: shell scripts with embedded script-fu, pure script-fu, etc. Which one are you using ?

If you use that one posted to http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/Gimp-Xcf-Image-Viewer-2399-1.html

thanks, but the link seems not accessable from here. the core statement in my xcf2png is below:

( file-png-save 1 image drawable pngfile pngfile 0 9 0 0 0 0 0 )

so, to replace the above statement i think i have to unstand it first. it seems easy to guess that 'file-png-save' is a function and from the context i can guess the number '9' is the compression level.

to replace it, i think i need a function like file-tif-save or file-tiff-save. is there such a function? if so, what parameters i have to provide to it? before knowing of these information i think i can do nothing on it.

thanks!

near the bottom of the page it should be obvious where to replace "png" with "tif".

Regards,
Stephan.

steven woody wrote:

Hi,

"steven woody" writes:

Sven

--
woody

Simon Budig
2006-04-23 13:26:46 UTC (about 18 years ago)

steven woody (narkewoody@gmail.com) wrote:

thanks, but the link seems not accessable from here. the core statement in my xcf2png is below:

( file-png-save 1 image drawable pngfile pngfile 0 9 0 0 0 0 0 )

so, to replace the above statement i think i have to unstand it first. it seems easy to guess that 'file-png-save' is a function and from the context i can guess the number '9' is the compression level.

No need to guess, the PDB Browser (Xtns->Procedure Browser) has descriptions for all these numbers.

to replace it, i think i need a function like file-tif-save or file-tiff-save. is there such a function? if so, what parameters i have to provide to it? before knowing of these information i think i can do nothing on it.

The PDB Browser also has a nifty search function :-)

(The candidate is file_tiff_save)

Hope this helps, Simon