RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

making a film from a panorama / cutting a image

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

making a film from a panorama / cutting a image Bastian 20 Apr 08:56
  making a film from a panorama / cutting a image Andrew 20 Apr 09:52
Bastian
2006-04-20 08:56:39 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Hi,
i'm new at gimp, a friend had recommended it to me. It's very good :D, but I have a very special problem, my friend told me I can solve it with gimp, but he don't know how.

I have searched in the mailing list and in forums but i'v found only how to stitch. I have a stitched Image and want to cut it into pieces. I want to burn it as a movie on DVD. The movie should pan from left to right. I don't know if gimp can make mpeg or avi, but single frames are ok. My friend told me, that a script will do, but i don't find such a script.

I hope I could describe the problem well.

Thanks for your help, Bastian

Andrew
2006-04-20 09:52:51 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Bastian wrote:

I have searched in the mailing list and in forums but i'v found only how to stitch. I have a stitched Image and want to cut it into pieces. I want to burn it as a movie on DVD. The movie should pan from left to right. I don't know if gimp can make mpeg or avi, but single frames are ok. My friend told me, that a script will do, but i don't find such a script.

You can do a pan using the GAP (Gimp Animation Plugin). It will make avis, gifs and mpegs if you have the right libs and stuff installed. For proper info start at http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Using_GAP/

Andrew