RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Shortcuts for increasing and decreasing

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Shortcuts for increasing and decreasing Joshua Raphael Fuentes 15 Apr 02:09
  Shortcuts for increasing and decreasing Colin Brace 15 Apr 02:24
  Shortcuts for increasing and decreasing Sven Neumann 19 Apr 10:33
Joshua Raphael Fuentes
2006-04-15 02:09:52 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Hey guys.. First of all, I'd like to thank the administrators of this mailing list for extending memebership to me.

I am a gimp user for quite some time now, and I have been using it to make some artworks. I used to work with Adobe Photoshop, but since I am an open source advocate, I realized that it would be great to not only use an open source OS, but as well as the photo manipulation tools.

Anyway, my problem is regarding the shortcuts for gimp 2.2. What I would like to do is to have a shortcut for increasing /decreasing brush size , radius and hardness. On Photoshop, you can use the brackets for these shortcuts, but when I tried to assign the brackets on gimp, it doesn't seem to work. I assigned the shortcuts from the "Preferences" menu, and I even restarted gimp after saving them. I also checked menurc file found on the installation directory, and it seems that hey are properl in place, but still doesn't seem to work.

So, what do you think is the problem here ? did I miss something ?

By the way, I am using SUSE 10 OSS version, and gimp 2.2 which was packaged with the OS.

Thanks in advance.

-- REGISTERED LINUX USER # 393260
there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Colin Brace
2006-04-15 02:24:38 UTC (about 18 years ago)

On 4/15/06, Joshua Raphael Fuentes wrote:

Anyway, my problem is regarding the shortcuts for gimp 2.2. What I would like to do is to have a shortcut for increasing /decreasing brush size , radius and hardness.

See: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=105466

-- Colin Brace
Amsterdam

Sven Neumann
2006-04-19 10:33:58 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Hi,

"Joshua Raphael Fuentes" writes:

Anyway, my problem is regarding the shortcuts for gimp 2.2. What I would like to do is to have a shortcut for increasing /decreasing brush size , radius and hardness. On Photoshop, you can use the brackets for these shortcuts, but when I tried to assign the brackets on gimp, it doesn't seem to work. I assigned the shortcuts from the "Preferences" menu, and I even restarted gimp after saving them.

It only works if the selected brush is a parametric one. Pixmap brushes cannot be scaled.

Sven