RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Window decorations

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Window decorations Roy Sanderson 05 Apr 13:34
  Window decorations Vytautas P. 05 Apr 13:53
   OF48B2E506.45257BDE-ON88257... Tom.Williams@diversifiedsoftware.com 05 Apr 16:55
  Window decorations Carol Spears 05 Apr 17:22
Roy Sanderson
2006-04-05 13:34:33 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Window decorations

Hello

I've recently upgraded from RHL 7.3 to Fedora, and hence from Gimp version 1.2.3 to version 2.2.10 One thing that has puzzled us is that when doing a 'grab' of a single window (via File->Aquire->Screenshot), there is no longer the option of grabbing a window without decorations (i.e. without its title bar, control buttons etc.). Other than selecting, copying and pasting from the grabbed window in Gimp to exclude the decorations (which is not always accurate and users are complaining) is there a way of getting the 'Without Decorations' button to show as in version 1.2.3 on the Screenshot command?

Many thanks Roy

Vytautas P.
2006-04-05 13:53:51 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Window decorations

Roy Sanderson wrote:

Hello

I've recently upgraded from RHL 7.3 to Fedora, and hence from Gimp version 1.2.3 to version 2.2.10 One thing that has puzzled us is that when doing a 'grab' of a single window (via File->Aquire->Screenshot), there is no longer the option of grabbing a window without decorations (i.e. without its title bar, control buttons etc.). Other than selecting, copying and pasting from the grabbed window in Gimp to exclude the decorations (which is not always accurate and users are complaining) is there a way of getting the 'Without Decorations' button to show as in version 1.2.3 on the Screenshot command?

Many thanks Roy

Similar complaint here. No matter how I try to shot just selected area I can't. When cursor turns into crosshair I can't select just desired area of window, but the whole window or screen.

Carol Spears
2006-04-05 17:22:57 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Window decorations

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 11:34:33AM +0000, Roy Sanderson wrote:

Hello

this has been fixed in gimp-2.3 and (to me) the screenshot getter makes much more sense now than in either gimp-1.2 or gimp-2.2.

that being said, i have not yet tried to select an area on the desktop. to me, you can select the area on the desktop, or you can use the superior tools and select the same stuff from the image.

carol