RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Trouble with Open Image box

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

10 of 10 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Trouble with Open Image box Judy Wilson 05 Apr 02:49
  Trouble with Open Image box Gracia M. Littauer 05 Apr 03:08
  Trouble with Open Image box Carol Spears 05 Apr 03:44
   Trouble with Open Image box Gracia M. Littauer 05 Apr 04:35
    Trouble with Open Image box Carol Spears 05 Apr 05:18
Trouble with Open Image box Michael Schumacher 05 Apr 14:01
  Trouble with Open Image box Gracia M. Littauer 05 Apr 18:37
Trouble with Open Image box hpv 13 Apr 12:59
  Trouble with Open Image box Patrick Shanahan 14 Apr 03:19
  Trouble with Open Image box Brendan 14 Apr 03:42
Judy Wilson
2006-04-05 02:49:00 UTC (about 18 years ago)

I get an error when I try to add a Bookmark to the left window on the Open Image window. It says "Error Could not make a bookmark Bookmark saving failed: Could not change file mode: waitpid() failed: No child processes"

Somehow it worked randomly a couple of times, then I couldn't remove it. I'm using Gimp 2.2 on Kubuntu 5.10. I'm not a geek, but my husband is a Linux geek, and he couldn't figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Judy

Gracia M. Littauer
2006-04-05 03:08:21 UTC (about 18 years ago)

I get an error when I try to add a Bookmark to the left window on the Open Image window. It says "Error Could not make a bookmark Bookmark saving failed: Could not change file mode: waitpid() failed: No child processes"

I have the same problem...SuSE 10 Gimp 2.2.7 (with an empty Logo, just the background), when it boots & a half a full logo when I go to help/about.

Carol Spears
2006-04-05 03:44:05 UTC (about 18 years ago)

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 06:49:00PM -0600, Judy Wilson wrote:

Somehow it worked randomly a couple of times, then I couldn't remove it. I'm using Gimp 2.2 on Kubuntu 5.10. I'm not a geek, but my husband is a Linux geek, and he couldn't figure it out. Thanks in advance.

i think you are trying to bookmark a file and not a directory (or "Folder" is what they call them now).

carol

Gracia M. Littauer
2006-04-05 04:35:28 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Yo Carol,

i think you are trying to bookmark a file and not a directory (or "Folder" is what they call them now).

I am trying to bookmark a dir...I don't have files in my Nikon dir...only dirs & like the other poster, some have worked & some not.

I see 'folder' drives you nuts also ;^).

Carol Spears
2006-04-05 05:18:57 UTC (about 18 years ago)

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:35:28PM -0400, Gracia M. Littauer wrote:

Yo Carol,

I am trying to bookmark a dir...I don't have files in my Nikon dir...only dirs & like the other poster, some have worked & some not.

the selector is really picky. like, you need to highlight the name of the directory, not go into it.

I see 'folder' drives you nuts also ;^).

yes, it is wrong. we looked at a few definitions of the word, and the definitions do not translate even metaphorically into what that is on a computer.

also, if you are in charge of real life folders, the last thing that you want to do is have folders within folders. so this word really obscures the meaning and functionality of what has been traditionally known as a directory on a computer.

thanks for commiserating with me!

carol

Michael Schumacher
2006-04-05 14:01:18 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Von: "Gracia M. Littauer"

I have the same problem...SuSE 10 Gimp 2.2.7 (with an empty Logo, just the background), when it boots & a half a full logo when I go to help/about.

This description of the "same problem" is rather different, though.

Michael

Gracia M. Littauer
2006-04-05 18:37:56 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Yo Michael,

I get an error when I try to add a  Bookmark to the left window on the Open Image window. It says "Error  Could not make a bookmark Bookmark saving failed: Could not change file mode: waitpid() failed: No child processes"

Not so..Above is the problem...hers as well as mine. Exactly.

this is describing my system..rather poorly I admit. the last ) should have been on the end. It's difficult with at least 3 OSs & many flavors of the 3 on one list.

This description of the "same problem" is rather different, though.

hpv
2006-04-13 12:59:03 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Is there a known solution for this or is it yet another reason why someone needs to come up with a replacement for gimp quickly before me and the rest of the Linux users switch back to mac or windows because gtk/gnome is destroying our desktop?

Patrick Shanahan
2006-04-14 03:19:43 UTC (about 18 years ago)

* hpv [04-13-06 20:39]:

Is there a known solution for this or is it yet another reason why someone needs to come up with a replacement for gimp quickly before me and the rest of the Linux users switch back to mac or windows because gtk/gnome is destroying our desktop?

You have a marvelous way with words. Have you attend Dale Carnegie classes?

Please explain "solution for *this*" ??? What is "another reason" ???

Should be: "before the rest of the Linux users and I switch"

AND please speak for yourself. I consider myself a Linux user and I certainly would not "switch back to mac or windoz" and gtk/gnome does not affect my desktop, fluxbox.

Would there be anything else that I can help you with?

Brendan
2006-04-14 03:42:04 UTC (about 18 years ago)

On Thursday 13 April 2006 06:59, hpv wrote:

Quoting is SO last-season.