RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problems using CanoScan N1220U

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problems using CanoScan N1220U Otto Roberson 30 Mar 13:55
  Problems using CanoScan N1220U Brion Vibber 30 Mar 22:21
Otto Roberson
2006-03-30 13:55:47 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Hello,

I've built Gimp 2.2.10 from source on Mac OS 10.4.5. I installed Sane as well. Can't seem to get the USB Canon scanner to function though, even after editing the scanner setup file in the Sane system preferences pane.
In Gimp, the Twain plug-in crashes. Maybe someone has seen this before, if needed I can provide the crash log.
In the console I get an error message stating that the device does not match the specific family name.
This happens in Image Capture as well.
I have 10.3.9 on another drive with Photoshop installed, and the scanner works fine with the Canon supplied driver.
Any suggestions? I suspect perhaps that I missed something during the install, or perhaps there is a conflict, but I'm not sure where to look.
OR

---------------------------------
Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Brion Vibber
2006-03-30 22:21:49 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Otto Roberson wrote:

I've built Gimp 2.2.10 from source on Mac OS 10.4.5. I installed Sane as well. Can't seem to get the USB Canon scanner to function though, even after editing the scanner setup file in the Sane system preferences pane.
In Gimp, the Twain plug-in crashes. Maybe someone has seen this before, if needed I can provide the crash log.

Twain is still a little dodgy on the Mac; I hope to get back to working on this once I get a new scanner to test with. If you can send me the crash log, well no guarantees but it might help. :)

In my earlier testing, the SANE-TWAIN drivers worked more reliably than the manufacturer-provided TWAIN driver, but that was some time ago. What version of the drivers are you running?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)