RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

color replacement

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

color replacement cheap_sunglasses 28 Mar 02:25
  color replacement Olivier Ripoll 28 Mar 12:14
color replacement Bob Long 28 Mar 03:01
cheap_sunglasses
2006-03-28 02:25:27 UTC (about 18 years ago)

color replacement

hi, i'm editing a scanned picture, and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to replace all colors, except black, with white....i traced over the lines on the original with my mouse, but the original scan pixels are still there. any advice would be very much appreciated. --
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/color-replacement-t1352868.html#a3621237 Sent from the Gimp User forum at Nabble.com.

Bob Long
2006-03-28 03:01:31 UTC (about 18 years ago)

color replacement

On Tuesday, March 28, 2006 10:25 AM [GMT+1=CET], cheap_sunglasses wrote:

hi, i'm editing a scanned picture, and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to replace all colors, except black, with white....i traced over the lines on the original with my mouse, but the original scan pixels are still there. any advice would be very much appreciated.

Use the "Select regions by color tool" and click on one of the black areas. You may need to adjust the threshold setting. Then Select|Invert. Then use the Fill tool (the bucket) - selecting "BG color fill" so it will fill with white, so long as your foreground and background colours are the default black and white - by clicking the image. You should now have only black and white areas. Of course, this means *everything* that is not black will be wiped out and replaced with white.

Olivier Ripoll
2006-03-28 12:14:16 UTC (about 18 years ago)

color replacement

cheap_sunglasses wrote:

hi, i'm editing a scanned picture, and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to replace all colors, except black, with white....i traced over the lines on the original with my mouse, but the original scan pixels are still there. any advice would be very much appreciated. --
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/color-replacement-t1352868.html#a3621237 Sent from the Gimp User forum at Nabble.com.

Try "Colors->Threshold..." tool or "Colors->Levels...". Both should do this quite easily.

Best regards,

Olivier