RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

arrow heads on lines

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

arrow heads on lines David Herring 02 Mar 15:36
  arrow heads on lines Harish Narayanan 02 Mar 17:07
   arrow heads on lines Rob 03 Mar 00:08
David Herring
2006-03-02 15:36:51 UTC (about 18 years ago)

arrow heads on lines

Hi,

I would like to be able to draw lines with arrow heads on the end of them, and for this to work with latest Gimp 2.2.10 on both linux and windows - what is the best solution ?

Thanks dave

Harish Narayanan
2006-03-02 17:07:33 UTC (about 18 years ago)

arrow heads on lines

David Herring wrote:

I would like to be able to draw lines with arrow heads on the end of them, and for this to work with latest Gimp 2.2.10 on both linux and windows - what is the best solution ?

Are you restricted to using the GIMP?

The GIMP is primarily not a drawing tool. To do the task you just described, another program, Inkscape[1], fits the bill perfectly. It is compiled to work on GNU/Linux and MS Windows.

Harish

[1] http://www.inkscape.org/

Rob
2006-03-03 00:08:08 UTC (about 18 years ago)

arrow heads on lines

And you can import some SVG (which Inkscape produces) back in to the gimp as a path. Not sure if the arrowheads will make it, but it's worth a try.

Harish Narayanan wrote:

David Herring wrote:

Are you restricted to using the GIMP?

The GIMP is primarily not a drawing tool. To do the task you just described, another program, Inkscape[1], fits the bill perfectly. It is compiled to work on GNU/Linux and MS Windows.

Harish

[1] http://www.inkscape.org/