RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Wacom Tablett - copy map from paper (Linux/Ubuntu)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Wacom Tablett - copy map from paper (Linux/Ubuntu) Denny Schierz 28 Feb 15:14
  Wacom Tablett - copy map from paper (Linux/Ubuntu) Don Koch 01 Mar 03:11
   Wacom Tablett - copy map from paper (Linux/Ubuntu) Denny Schierz 01 Mar 12:11
    Wacom Tablett - copy map from paper (Linux/Ubuntu) Don Koch 01 Mar 15:06
Denny Schierz
2006-02-28 15:14:52 UTC (about 18 years ago)

hi,

i have a small wacom tablet and i want to copy a (fantasy) map from paper. The printed map has nearly the same size, like the wacom has.

The problem, if i follow the lines on the printed map, i get out the gimp document. Actually the screen resolution is the same, like the wacom field.
My document has 1000 mm x 1000 mm. Is there a way to solve this problem?

cu denny

Don Koch
2006-03-01 03:11:36 UTC (about 18 years ago)

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:14:52 +0100 Denny Schierz wrote:

hi,

i have a small wacom tablet and i want to copy a (fantasy) map from paper. The printed map has nearly the same size, like the wacom has.

My document has 1000 mm x 1000 mm.

You have a 1m x 1m Wacom tablet? And you consider that small? I'm sure that's not what you meant...

Why not scan it in? If you don't really want to use the image itself, you can create layer on top of it and trace on that.

If you really need to trace it on the wacom, you might want to reduce it on a copier.

cu denny

-d

Denny Schierz
2006-03-01 12:11:19 UTC (about 18 years ago)

hi,

Am Dienstag, den 28.02.2006, 21:11 -0500 schrieb Don Koch:

My document has 1000 mm x 1000 mm.

You have a 1m x 1m Wacom tablet? And you consider that small? I'm sure that's not what you meant...

sorry, that i wasn't clearly enough. I meant the gimp file size "File -> new -> size"

Why not scan it in? If you don't really want to use the image itself, you can create layer on top of it and trace on that.

i have it all ready as bitmap, but the resolution is too slow and i can better trace, if the hand and eye have the same target :-)

If you really need to trace it on the wacom, you might want to reduce it on a copier.

the printed graphic has the same size, like the wacom, round about 13cm x 9.5cm and that is the problem. the size from the wacom is proportional to the screen resolution. To max the Gimp window is not enough.

http://www.clho.net/anime/twelve/12-map.jpg

that is the graphic :-)

Don Koch
2006-03-01 15:06:39 UTC (about 18 years ago)

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:11:19 +0100 Denny Schierz wrote:

hi,

Am Dienstag, den 28.02.2006, 21:11 -0500 schrieb Don Koch:

sorry, that i wasn't clearly enough. I meant the gimp file size "File -> new -> size"

OK, that makes more sense. Figured it was something like that. ;)

i have it all ready as bitmap, but the resolution is too slow and i can better trace, if the hand and eye have the same target :-)

Scale the bitmap to the size you want and either create a layer on top and trace the original onto it. If you want to use the original but have it scaled and look nice (not so bitmapped), try playing with the smudge tool. If you have a Wacom tablet, I suggest you learn how to use it with your screen; it's not that hard (and this would be good practice ;) ).

http://www.clho.net/anime/twelve/12-map.jpg

that is the graphic :-)

-d