RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Clone Tool

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

10 of 10 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Clone Tool Ben Conley 27 Feb 22:44
  Clone Tool Andreas Waechter 27 Feb 22:58
   Clone Tool Robert Citek 27 Feb 23:29
    Clone Tool Vytautas P. 28 Feb 00:08
     Clone Tool Robert Citek 28 Feb 00:21
      Clone Tool Manish Singh 28 Feb 00:39
       Clone Tool Robert Citek 28 Feb 05:29
Clone Tool Bob Long 27 Feb 22:57
  Clone Tool Vytautas P. 28 Feb 00:03
Clone Tool Ben Conley 28 Feb 22:41
Ben Conley
2006-02-27 22:44:20 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Clone Tool

I was making a DVD cover for a restaurant the other day and needed to remove some text from the pic. Since GIMP doesn't seem to have a clone took, I had to use PhotoDeluxe (which I really don't want to do). So I was wondering, is there a way to emulate a clone tool in GIMP?

Bob Long
2006-02-27 22:57:01 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Clone Tool

On Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:44 AM [GMT+1=CET], Ben Conley wrote:

I was making a DVD cover for a restaurant the other day and needed to remove some text from the pic. Since GIMP doesn't seem to have a clone took, I had to use PhotoDeluxe (which I really don't want to do). So I was wondering, is there a way to emulate a clone tool in GIMP?

There certainly is a clone tool in the GIMP. In the toolbox it looks like a stamp, and hovering over it says "Paint using patterns or Image Regions".

Andreas Waechter
2006-02-27 22:58:06 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Clone Tool

Ben Conley wrote:

Since GIMP doesn't seem to have a clone took, I had to use PhotoDeluxe (which I really don't want to do). So I was wondering, is there a way to emulate a clone tool in GIMP?

You could use the clone tool for that ;-)

In the tool box, click on the little stamp icon ...

Andreas

Robert Citek
2006-02-27 23:29:25 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Clone Tool

On Feb 27, 2006, at 3:58 PM, Andreas Waechter wrote:

Ben Conley wrote:

Since GIMP doesn't seem to have a clone took, I had to use PhotoDeluxe (which I really don't want to do). So I was wondering, is there a way to emulate a clone tool in GIMP?

You could use the clone tool for that ;-)

In the tool box, click on the little stamp icon ...

The little stamp icon exists in Gimpshop, too. Also, you can reach the clone tool in a few ways:

1) shortcut key: S 2) in the main window: File > Window > Tools > Clone Stamp Tool 3) in the image window: Window > Tools > Clone Stamp Tool 4) in the image window: > Tools > Paint Tools > Clone Stamp Tool

My question to you is, would you mind sharing with us what can be done with a clone tool?

Regards, - Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software. Distribute FLOSS for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent

Vytautas P.
2006-02-28 00:03:47 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Clone Tool

2006.02.27 23:57, Bob Long rašo:

On Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:44 AM [GMT+1=CET],

Ben Conley wrote:

I was wondering, is there a way to emulate a clone tool in GIMP?

There certainly is a clone tool in the GIMP. In the toolbox it looks like a stamp, and hovering over it says "Paint using patterns or Image Regions".

And the shortcut for clone tool is C Ctrl+C lets you pick place witch you want to clone. Cloning's shape takes the shape of tool (pen, pencil brush).

Vytautas P.
2006-02-28 00:08:35 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Clone Tool

1) shortcut key: S

Shortcut key for cloning is C. Although shortcut S you'll love to aply after cloning for smudgeing.

Robert Citek
2006-02-28 00:21:16 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Clone Tool

On Feb 27, 2006, at 5:08 PM, Vytautas P. wrote:

Shortcut key for cloning is C. Although shortcut S you'll love to aply after
cloning for smudgeing.

Right, for Gimp. I was referring to Gimpshop, which allows you to remap the shortcut keys to Photoshop-like bindings.

Regards, - Robert
Help others get OpenSource software. Distribute FLOSS for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent

Manish Singh
2006-02-28 00:39:20 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Clone Tool

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 05:21:16PM -0600, Robert Citek wrote:

On Feb 27, 2006, at 5:08 PM, Vytautas P. wrote:

Shortcut key for cloning is C. Although shortcut S you'll love to aply after
cloning for smudgeing.

Right, for Gimp. I was referring to Gimpshop, which allows you to remap the shortcut keys to Photoshop-like bindings.

This is one of the big reasons why Gimpshop is a horrible idea. By changing all these things, it adds tons of confusion when trying to give user support.

Robert, please answer Carol's question about gimpshop resources, instead of rudely ignoring it. The gimpshop guy thought forking the project from the get go instead of trying to interact with the community first, so it's only fair that the users who approve of this also fork the support base, instead of polluting the gimp community with confusion.

-Yosh

Robert Citek
2006-02-28 05:29:26 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Clone Tool

On Feb 27, 2006, at 5:39 PM, Manish Singh wrote:

The gimpshop guy thought forking the project from the get go instead of trying to interact with the community first, so it's only fair that the users who approve of this also fork the support
base, instead of polluting the gimp community with confusion.

Ouch! OK. Never to be mentioned again. Only Gimp questions. Got it.

Regards, - Robert

Ben Conley
2006-02-28 22:41:27 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Clone Tool

Thanks, guys.

The clone tool is a very effective tool at photo restoration. If you have a damaged region of the image, a lace collar, for example, the clone tool will allow you to rebuild the damages area without having to draw the lace yourself but by copying it from the other sections.

I was using it to remove writing off an old picture.