RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

// gimp and dotfiles //

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

// gimp and dotfiles // Julian Oliver 25 Feb 00:02
  // gimp and dotfiles // Carol Spears 25 Feb 03:02
   // gimp and dotfiles // Julian Oliver 25 Feb 03:12
Julian Oliver
2006-02-25 00:02:29 UTC (about 18 years ago)

// gimp and dotfiles //

it appears the file-open dialog doesn't seem to have support for dotdirs. is their any intention to support this with a "Show Hidden" button or similar? by dotdirs i mean 'hidden' directories like ~/.somegame or ~/.mywindowmanager/backgrounds etc

while i can work with images outside and move them to a hidden directory, game-data (textures and the like) are often stored in such locations and so during modification of a game (for instance) working with the gimp is slightly more troublesome.

cheers,

julian

Carol Spears
2006-02-25 03:02:36 UTC (about 18 years ago)

// gimp and dotfiles //

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 12:02:29AM +0100, Julian Oliver wrote:

it appears the file-open dialog doesn't seem to have support for dotdirs. is their any intention to support this with a "Show Hidden" button or similar? by dotdirs i mean 'hidden' directories like ~/.somegame or ~/.mywindowmanager/backgrounds etc

while i can work with images outside and move them to a hidden directory, game-data (textures and the like) are often stored in such locations and so during modification of a game (for instance) working with the gimp is slightly more troublesome.

right-click on the dialog face and there is an option to "Show hidden files".

you will have to right click everytime if you wish to see the hidden files.

this new file selector is easier that way.

carol

Julian Oliver
2006-02-25 03:12:34 UTC (about 18 years ago)

// gimp and dotfiles //

..on Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 06:02:36PM -0800, Carol Spears wrote:

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 12:02:29AM +0100, Julian Oliver wrote:

right-click on the dialog face and there is an option to "Show hidden files".

great, that works. it didn't occur to me to RMB on the dialog itself.

cheers,

julian