RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Twice before

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Twice before Alf Lacis 23 Feb 00:22
  Twice before John R. Culleton 23 Feb 00:27
  Twice before Michael Schumacher 23 Feb 00:50
Alf Lacis
2006-02-23 00:22:01 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Twice before

Twice in the last couple of weeks I've asked about unfading old photographs, and this has not appeared on the gimp user forum.

Is this the wrong place to ask about using gimp?
Regards,
Alf Lacis
Senior Software & Design Engineer
A.i. Scientific Pty Ltd
10-22 Hornibrook Esplanade
CLONTARF QLD 4019
AUSTRALIA
Ph: (+617 or 07) 3105 5087
www.aiscientific.com
"More of the ambassadors from other countries had arrived at the university, and more heads of the Guilds were pouring in, and every single one of them wanted to be involved in the decision-making process without necessarily going through the intelligence-using process first." -- Terry Pratchett "The Last Hero"

John R. Culleton
2006-02-23 00:27:17 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Twice before

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 18:22, Alf Lacis wrote:

Twice in the last couple of weeks I've asked about unfading old photographs, and this has not appeared on the gimp user forum.

By the evidence, not. I received your post. Are you talking B/W or color? There are tools to change color saturation and also grayscale curves. I am hopeful that someone more expert than I will jump in to supplement my vague advice with real instructions.

Regards,
Alf Lacis
Senior Software & Design Engineer
A.i. Scientific Pty Ltd
10-22 Hornibrook Esplanade
CLONTARF QLD 4019
AUSTRALIA
Ph: (+617 or 07) 3105 5087
www.aiscientific.com
"More of the ambassadors from other countries had arrived at the university, and more heads of the Guilds were pouring in, and every single one of them wanted to be involved in the decision-making process without necessarily going through the intelligence-using process first." -- Terry Pratchett "The Last Hero"

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Michael Schumacher
2006-02-23 00:50:02 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Twice before

Alf Lacis wrote:

I don't recall seeing any of them, and there are no messages from your current identity in my mail folder.

It is the right place.

Could be that your messages got filtered out because they did get score too high in filters like spamassasin. For example, your rather long and non-seperated signature ("-- ") could kick your messages into a user's trashcan.

HTH,
Michael