RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Default settings for scaling images: high quality?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Default settings for scaling images: high quality? RalfGesellensetter 10 Feb 19:50
  Default settings for scaling images: high quality? Vytautas P. 10 Feb 20:13
   Default settings for scaling images: high quality? RalfGesellensetter 11 Feb 08:54
    Default settings for scaling images: high quality? Carol Spears 11 Feb 20:18
RalfGesellensetter
2006-02-10 19:50:30 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Dear List,

sorry for possible duplications - I only subscribed today!

When I resize images, I always use bicubic precision - unless I forget to change from "linear (low quality)". To avoid this, I'd prefer to have high quality scaling as default option.

There must be a way, now? Thanks a lot. Regards
Ralf.

Vytautas P.
2006-02-10 20:13:43 UTC (about 18 years ago)

I'd prefer to have high quality scaling as default option. There must be a way, now?

File>Preferences>Tool options

RalfGesellensetter
2006-02-11 08:54:42 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Am Freitag, 10. Februar 2006 20:13 schrieben Sie:

thank you, this works ;)
is there a way to use this setting system wide (all users)? any hints on how to associate gimp for a specific file type (suffix) likewise system wide (mimetypes for KDE 3.3), BTW?

cheers Ralf

Carol Spears
2006-02-11 20:18:23 UTC (about 18 years ago)

hi,

the goal was edited from this email thread, so i am putting it back here. back when the berkeley computers also shared an archive of the mail list, emails like this were useful to people. with the strong desire that this might one day be the case again, we can all make sure that the emails that are archived make some sense. (me included!)

the original question was how to set the default action of the interpolation method used by gimp for transforming images.

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 08:54:42AM +0100, RalfGesellensetter wrote:

Am Freitag, 10. Februar 2006 20:13 schrieben Sie:

thank you, this works ;)
is there a way to use this setting system wide (all users)? any hints on how to associate gimp for a specific file type (suffix) likewise system wide (mimetypes for KDE 3.3), BTW?

make it the default preference for new users by editing the gimprc that user_install starts with. if you have gimptool (usually included with libgimp-dev) "gimptool --sysconfdir" should tell you where this is located. edit this line:

# (interpolation-type linear) to
(interpolation-type bicubic)

carol