RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gallery management

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gallery management chryssos@dpem.tuc.gr 09 Feb 14:18
  gallery management Paulo 09 Feb 14:54
  gallery management Paulo 09 Feb 15:00
chryssos@dpem.tuc.gr
2006-02-09 14:18:23 UTC (about 18 years ago)

gallery management

Hi!

I have spent quite a few days searching for an application to help me manage my photo collection. The thing is this: I have quite a big photo archive which I try to manage via a folder - subfolder structure. Yet I find it extremely difficult to find the photos I want by searching the folders. I was thinking that perhaps there could be an easy way to APPEND EXIF/IPTC info on the photos which would enable me to do a keyword-based search. The "APPEND" function is crucial, as I would want to batch-add many keywords to groups of photos (I don't want it to replace the previous EXIF/IPTC info but append the new information).

Are there any (good) suggestions?

Thanx,

Vassilis.

Paulo
2006-02-09 14:54:23 UTC (about 18 years ago)

gallery management

Try Exifer

chryssos@dpem.tuc.gr wrote:

Hi!

I have spent quite a few days searching for an application to help me manage my photo collection. The thing is this: I have quite a big photo archive which I try to manage via a folder - subfolder structure. Yet I find it extremely difficult to find the photos I want by searching the folders. I was thinking that perhaps there could be an easy way to APPEND EXIF/IPTC info on the photos which would enable me to do a keyword-based search. The "APPEND" function is crucial, as I would want to batch-add many keywords to groups of photos (I don't want it to replace the previous EXIF/IPTC info but append the new information).

Thanx,

Vassilis.

Paulo
2006-02-09 15:00:11 UTC (about 18 years ago)

gallery management

Exifer is great to edit all your EXIF / IPTC. To manage your photo's you could also consider Picasa from Google. Besides showing the pictures in their folders, it also has the option to link your photos to as many virtual folders as you need. Moreover, you can append IPTC keywords.

Cheers

Paulo

chryssos@dpem.tuc.gr wrote:

Hi!

Thanx,

Vassilis.