RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Extract grid contents

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Extract grid contents William Parry 31 Jan 04:28
  Extract grid contents Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 31 Jan 05:20
William Parry
2006-01-31 04:28:50 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Extract grid contents

Hi

I am looking for a way that I could extract each segment of a grid into a separate file.

Say I have a scanned image of a piece of maths paper with numbers and letters in it. Could GIMP either:

a. Extract each segment based on the colour of the grid on the maths sheet (a speciic colour)

or

b. Once the grid has been deleted (select the maths paper grid colour using the colour area picker in GIMP) create a new grid that is the same size as the maths paper grid and export each segment of that grid into different images.

Is this possible to do? I have Gimp 2.0 installed on a Windows xp machine. I understand that it may require the use of command lines... if so, I am willing to learn how to do use them to get this done.

Regards,

William

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2006-01-31 05:20:29 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Extract grid contents

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 01:28 am, William Parry wrote:

Hi

I am looking for a way that I could extract each segment of a grid into a separate file.

Say I have a scanned image of a piece of maths paper with numbers and letters in it. Could GIMP either:

a. Extract each segment based on the colour of the grid on the maths sheet (a speciic colour)

or

b. Once the grid has been deleted (select the maths paper grid colour using the colour area picker in GIMP) create a new grid that is the same size as the maths paper grid and export each segment of that grid into different images.

Is this possible to do? I have Gimp 2.0 installed on a Windows xp machine. I understand that it may require the use of command lines... if so, I am willing to learn how to do use them to get this done.

Regards,

William

The nearest thing you will find are scripts to cut and save a image along guides (teh ones you drag from the rulers on the sides of the image).

The "guillotine" plug-in just chops a image along the lines, creating various open images in teh GIMP - you then have to save them by hand.

However, both the PERL-FU and PYTHON-FU extensions have plug-ins that will both cut along the lines _and_ save an image to disk as part of an HTML table (the image files are separate.

The matter is, none of this is available for windows. (Python-fu is, but hjust for the development version of the GIMP - 2.3.6 and newer)

Regards, JS
->