RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

SVG Import Problem

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

SVG Import Problem Chris Spencer 31 Jan 03:46
  SVG Import Problem Sven Neumann 31 Jan 22:41
   SVG Import Problem Chris Spencer 01 Feb 02:45
    SVG Import Problem Jeffrey Brent McBeth 01 Feb 03:24
     SVG Import Problem Chris Spencer 01 Feb 14:27
Chris Spencer
2006-01-31 03:46:07 UTC (about 18 years ago)

SVG Import Problem

If I import an SVG file, the GIMP doesn't seem to rasterize using the correct resolution. No matter what resolution I specify, the layer will be generated with the proper dimensions, but the SVG image remains a fixed size regardless of the specified resolution.

For instance, say I import and image at 90 ppi and it gets rasterized as 744x1052. Now if I import the image again into the same file, but this time specify 300 ppi, it gets rasterized at 2480x3507, but the actual image in the new layer is the same size as the previous import. Only the layer sizes are different.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? It's driving me crazy. I'm using GIMP 2.2.10 on Fedora. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Sven Neumann
2006-01-31 22:41:01 UTC (about 18 years ago)

SVG Import Problem

Hi,

Chris Spencer writes:

If I import an SVG file, the GIMP doesn't seem to rasterize using the correct resolution. No matter what resolution I specify, the layer will be generated with the proper dimensions, but the SVG image remains a fixed size regardless of the specified resolution.

For instance, say I import and image at 90 ppi and it gets rasterized as 744x1052. Now if I import the image again into the same file, but this time specify 300 ppi, it gets rasterized at 2480x3507, but the actual image in the new layer is the same size as the previous import. Only the layer sizes are different.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? It's driving me crazy. I'm using GIMP 2.2.10 on Fedora. Any help is appreciated.

Could be a bug in GIMP (or rather the SVG plug-in) or in librsvg. Perhaps you can make the SVG available so that others can try if they are able to reproduce your problem?

Sven

Chris Spencer
2006-02-01 02:45:57 UTC (about 18 years ago)

SVG Import Problem

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Chris Spencer writes:

Could be a bug in GIMP (or rather the SVG plug-in) or in librsvg. Perhaps you can make the SVG available so that others can try if they are able to reproduce your problem?

The problem's not specific to my SVG. Anything created with Inkscape (and therefore, probably SVG in general) is effected. It's almost like the "Resolution" field in the SVG Render dialog is simply being ignored.

Chris

Jeffrey Brent McBeth
2006-02-01 03:24:43 UTC (about 18 years ago)

SVG Import Problem

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 08:45:57PM -0500, Chris Spencer wrote:

The problem's not specific to my SVG. Anything created with Inkscape (and therefore, probably SVG in general) is effected. It's almost like the "Resolution" field in the SVG Render dialog is simply being ignored.

Hmm, I use SVG importing into GIMP several times a day (from Inkscape).

Looking at the import screen, I see the following

Width, Height, Units, X ratio, Y ratio, Link,
Resolution, Units,
Import Paths
Merge imported paths

Ahh, I see what you mean.

The resolution section does appear to be ignored.

Switch Width/Height to inches, and two in 2 for each Double the resolution (nothing happens) Switch the Width/Height units back to pixels (still same number of pixels as when started)

Jeff

Chris Spencer
2006-02-01 14:27:45 UTC (about 18 years ago)

SVG Import Problem

Jeffrey Brent McBeth wrote:

Hmm, I use SVG importing into GIMP several times a day (from Inkscape).

Looking at the import screen, I see the following

Width, Height, Units, X ratio, Y ratio, Link,
Resolution, Units,
Import Paths
Merge imported paths

Ahh, I see what you mean.

The resolution section does appear to be ignored.

Switch Width/Height to inches, and two in 2 for each Double the resolution (nothing happens) Switch the Width/Height units back to pixels (still same number of pixels as when started)

Jeff

Well, at least I'm not going crazy ;) I've submitted the following bug report: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=329411

Chris