RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

2.4 schedule estimate?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

2.4 schedule estimate? Simon Roberts 18 Jan 16:32
  2.4 schedule estimate? Dave Neary 18 Jan 16:44
   2.4 schedule estimate? Simon Roberts 18 Jan 17:19
Simon Roberts
2006-01-18 16:32:38 UTC (about 18 years ago)

2.4 schedule estimate?

Having written some software in the past, I know this is an unfair question, but I'm interested in the color management that's slated for 2.4. Can anyone point me at a time (rough waving damp fingers in the air) estimate for when that might be released?

Alternatively and also, anyone using the 2.3 version (described as unstable) which is available? Is it reasonable to try to use that? Does the color management part of it work? And is the CM part likely to remain constant, or is it subject to total rewrite, rendering my learning and calibrations/profiling wasted?

TIA Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." ? Naguib Mahfouz

___

Dave Neary
2006-01-18 16:44:49 UTC (about 18 years ago)

2.4 schedule estimate?

Hi Simon,

Selon Simon Roberts :

Having written some software in the past, I know this is an unfair question, but I'm interested in the color management that's slated for 2.4. Can anyone point me at a time (rough waving damp fingers in the air) estimate for when that might be released?

gimp-developer is a more appropriate forum for the question (although I hope that everyone there is also here). I haven't been involved in GIMP development for a while now, so I can't really tell.

Alternatively and also, anyone using the 2.3 version (described as unstable) which is available? Is it reasonable to try to use that?

I would say yes. It's not feature frozen, but it's already quite usable.

Does
the color management part of it work? And is the CM part likely to remain constant, or is it subject to total rewrite, rendering my learning and calibrations/profiling wasted?

It's pretty much finished, as far as I know.

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France

Simon Roberts
2006-01-18 17:19:02 UTC (about 18 years ago)

2.4 schedule estimate?

Apologies for mis-directing the post. I didn't think that through very well :( I'll sign up and lurk on the devel list to keep track of progress.

And thanks for the advice, meanwhile I guess I'll try the development version on the strength of your remarks :)

Merci beaucoup, Sante!
Simon

--- Dave Neary wrote:

Hi Simon,

Selon Simon Roberts :

Having written some software in the past, I know this is an unfair question, but I'm interested in the color management that's slated

for

2.4. Can anyone point me at a time (rough waving damp fingers in

the

air) estimate for when that might be released?

gimp-developer is a more appropriate forum for the question (although I hope
that everyone there is also here). I haven't been involved in GIMP development
for a while now, so I can't really tell.

Alternatively and also, anyone using the 2.3 version (described as unstable) which is available? Is it reasonable to try to use that?

I would say yes. It's not feature frozen, but it's already quite usable.

Does
the color management part of it work? And is the CM part likely to remain constant, or is it subject to total rewrite, rendering my learning and calibrations/profiling wasted?

It's pretty much finished, as far as I know.

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." ? Naguib Mahfouz

___