RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

cache-font problems

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

cache-font problems net kat 08 Jan 21:47
  cache-font problems Axel Wernicke 08 Jan 22:16
net kat
2006-01-08 21:47:47 UTC (over 18 years ago)

cache-font problems

I use Gimp on OS X (Tiger) in an X11 windowing environment. haven't used gimp in a few weeks, and today I get a dialogue box with a progress bar when I launch Gimp:

"The operation cannot be completed because the item "cache-fonts" is in use"

this thing never clears and gimp never becomes available to me.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

thank you!

nk

Axel Wernicke
2006-01-08 22:16:06 UTC (over 18 years ago)

cache-font problems

Hi,

Am 08.01.2006 um 21:47 schrieb net kat:

I use Gimp on OS X (Tiger) in an X11 windowing environment. haven't used gimp in a few weeks, and today I get a dialogue box with a progress bar when I launch Gimp:

"The operation cannot be completed because the item "cache-fonts" is in use"

hmm, I had a problem with font caching on OS X too. But this was ages ago and I don't remember the proper solution right now... Since the error said cache-fonts is in use - I'd try to start GIMP after a restart - sorry to say so, but sometimes you just have to do it.

Another thing that comes into my mind is: try to start gimp from a different user. If it works then, I'd try to remove the .fonts.cache file in the home directory of the the user gimp doesn't start for.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

hope that helps,

lexA

thank you!

nk