RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Converting files to Hexachrome

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Converting files to Hexachrome John R. Culleton 06 Jan 20:40
  Converting files to Hexachrome Steve Stavropoulos 07 Jan 17:28
John R. Culleton
2006-01-06 20:40:37 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Hexachrome is the six color format used on some high end printing. There are programs published by Pantone to convert RGB to Hexachrome.

My question: other than the Pantone programs, how can one get to Hexachrome format without loss of gamut? Obviously Gimp does not produce it natively so I am looking for a post-Gimp convertor.

Steve Stavropoulos
2006-01-07 17:28:53 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On 1/6/06, John R. Culleton wrote:

Hexachrome is the six color format used on some high end printing. There are programs published by Pantone to convert RGB to Hexachrome.

My question: other than the Pantone programs, how can one get to Hexachrome format without loss of gamut? Obviously Gimp does not produce it natively so I am looking for a post-Gimp convertor.

Take a look at the old manual of gimp: http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt?file=/any/doc_distrib/gimp-1.1.18/manual/manual/GUM/channels.html Channels and the relation to spot colors may be of help to you...