RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Help with creating banner

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Help with creating banner AJ *** 04 Jan 04:14
  Help with creating banner Tim Jedlicka 04 Jan 04:23
  Help with creating banner Vytautas P. 04 Jan 10:46
AJ ***
2006-01-04 04:14:47 UTC (over 18 years ago)

I'm attempting to create a 468x60 banner for a website I'm designing. I'm attempting to use GIMP to do the graphics, however I am new to GIMP and don't understand fully the concepts. I have an image that I am trying to use that would compose the background of the banner basically. My current problem is in attempting to stretch/elogate the image to meet the 468x60 dimensions. Can someone please direct me on how I can do this or what tool would be most appropriate. My 1st layer is the blank 468x60 background, my 2nd layer is the image..I just can't seem to stretch it the way it needs to be stretched.

Any & all assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

AJ

Tim Jedlicka
2006-01-04 04:23:51 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Try Image->Scale. Click the little chain link so the vertical and horizontal dimensions are not linked. If your image looks strange after scaling, then you can try stretching just the edges with the Shear tool. Might want to first change the canvas size (Image->Canvas), then Layer-to-ImageSize, then select part of the edge of the image and shear it to fill in the white space.

On 1/3/06, AJ *** wrote:

I'm attempting to create a 468x60 banner for a website I'm designing. I'm attempting to use GIMP to do the graphics, however I am new to GIMP and don't understand fully the concepts. I have an image that I am trying to use that would compose the background of the banner basically. My current problem is in attempting to stretch/elogate the image to meet the 468x60 dimensions. Can someone please direct me on how I can do this or what tool would be most appropriate. My 1st layer is the blank 468x60 background, my 2nd layer is the image..I just can't seem to stretch it the way it needs to be stretched.

AJ

Vytautas P.
2006-01-04 10:46:08 UTC (over 18 years ago)

What way you want to strech it? Is it bigger than you need? Is it smaller? Is just one side of image bigger/smaller than needed? Is it some shape?

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 05:14:47 +0200, AJ *** wrote:

AJ _______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user