RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Duotones in Gimp?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Duotones in Gimp? net kat 05 Dec 03:55
  Duotones in Gimp? Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 05 Dec 05:07
  Duotones in Gimp? Owen Cook 05 Dec 06:48
  Duotones in Gimp? Steve Stavropoulos 05 Dec 15:22
net kat
2005-12-05 03:55:45 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Duotones in Gimp?

Does the Gimp enable one to create duotones? I searched and search and found nothing..
is it called a different name? I know that duotones are an old-school photography technique and one that did not originate on the computer.

thanks!

nk

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-12-05 05:07:29 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Duotones in Gimp?

On Monday 05 December 2005 12:55 am, net kat wrote:

Does the Gimp enable one to create duotones? I searched and search and found nothing..
is it called a different name? I know that duotones are an old-school photography technique and one that did not originate on the computer.

thanks!

try layers->colors->threshold

(I guess this is what "duotones" mean.)

JS ->

nk

Owen Cook
2005-12-05 06:48:33 UTC (over 18 years ago)
Steve Stavropoulos
2005-12-05 15:22:52 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Duotones in Gimp?

On 12/5/05, net kat wrote:

See the old (1.x) gimp manual in the section about channels which discusses spot colors, duotones and other nice things...

http://www.linbox.com/ucome.rvt?file=/any/doc_distrib/gimp-1.1.18/manual/manual/GUM/channels.html

(I guess there must also be a gimp.org link for this, but I didn't find it with a quick search)