RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to create jpeg files compatible with a sony

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to create jpeg files compatible with a sony William Skaggs 04 Dec 18:31
William Skaggs
2005-12-04 18:31:43 UTC (over 18 years ago)

How to create jpeg files compatible with a sony

The jpeg files that GIMP creates are perfectly valid. I think the basic problem is that you are trying to use a camera as a storage device, which is not its intended purpose. There are some cameras that, when you take a picture, create a digital "watermark" that the camera can use to tell if the file has been altered or corrupted. If the watermark does not match the data -- which is bound to happen after editing in GIMP, because GIMP does not know about watermarks -- then the camera may treat the file as invalid and refuse to display it.

I should add that I'm going pretty far beyond my knowledge here. While I'm reasonably confident that this sort of digital watermarking does exist, I am only speculating that this accounts for your problems -- particularly with the photo-printing service.

Best wishes,

-- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu