RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Golden Letters #2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

11 of 11 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Golden Letters #2 Michael Henke 29 Nov 13:23
  Golden Letters #2 michael chang 30 Nov 05:11
Golden Letters #2 Michael Schumacher 29 Nov 13:39
  Golden Letters #2 Olivier Ripoll 29 Nov 18:54
   Golden Letters #2 Michael Schumacher 29 Nov 20:29
    Golden Letters #2 Olivier Ripoll 30 Nov 11:15
     Golden Letters #2 Michael Schumacher 30 Nov 20:38
      Golden Letters #2 Olivier Ripoll 01 Dec 09:55
Golden Letters #2 Michael Henke 29 Nov 22:10
  Golden Letters #2 Axel Wernicke 07 Dec 18:33
  Golden Letters #2 Jos van Kan 10 Dec 17:06
Michael Henke
2005-11-29 13:23:56 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Golden Letters #2

Hi all,

I managed to create the Golden Letters thanks to Olivier Ripoll, but now I've got a 2nd question, how can I use this image in Microsoft Frontpage? I tried to copy and Paste, but that didn't work out very well.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Henke

Michael Schumacher
2005-11-29 13:39:28 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Golden Letters #2

Von: Michael Henke

I managed to create the Golden Letters thanks to Olivier Ripoll, but now I've got a 2nd question, how can I use this image in Microsoft Frontpage?

I

tried to copy and Paste, but that didn't work out very well.

You could start by telling us what exactly didn't work out very well.

Michael

Olivier Ripoll
2005-11-29 18:54:40 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Golden Letters #2

Michael Schumacher wrote:

Von: Michael Henke
I
tried to copy and Paste, but that didn't work out very well.

You could start by telling us what exactly didn't work out very well.

Michael (S),

I think he means that Copy/Paste does not work for him between Gimp and Frontpage.

To Michael (H),

I do not have frontpage, but I tried with Word. To copy/paste successfully from Gimp to word, try to use "Edit->Copy to clipboard" instead of "Edit->Copy".
Another way is to use copy but to paste to another software such as Irfan Viewer and then to copy paste from Irfan to Word (Frontpage).

Best regards,

Olivier.

Michael Schumacher
2005-11-29 20:29:55 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Golden Letters #2

Olivier Ripoll wrote:

I think he means that Copy/Paste does not work for him between Gimp and Frontpage.

Oh, who would have guessed....

I do not have frontpage, but I tried with Word. To copy/paste successfully from Gimp to word, try to use "Edit->Copy to clipboard" instead of "Edit->Copy".

Shouldn't be needed with a recent GTK+ (thus recent version of GIMP don't include this plug-in). But see yourself, this already shows that we don't know what went wrong.

HTH, Michael

Michael Henke
2005-11-29 22:10:30 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Golden Letters #2

Hi all,

Attachment No. 1 shows the letters that I created in The Gimp, Attachment No.2 shows the result after I copy and paste it in Microsoft Frontpage.

Can you also tell me how to save the image created in The Gimp, and still maintaining only the letters? When I save the image, the letters get a black background.

Thanks in Advance,

Michael Henke

----- Original Message ---

michael chang
2005-11-30 05:11:22 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Golden Letters #2

On 11/29/05, Michael Henke wrote:

I managed to create the Golden Letters thanks to Olivier Ripoll, but now I've got a 2nd question, how can I use this image in Microsoft Frontpage? I tried to copy and Paste, but that didn't work out very well.

Maybe you want to "save as" the image as a gif, png, or jpeg (depending on your needs) somewhere (maybe flatten first, if there is more than one layer) and then load the image in Microsoft Frontpage as a picture. Don't know about specifics.

-- ~Mike
- Just my two cents.

Olivier Ripoll
2005-11-30 11:15:11 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Golden Letters #2

Olivier Ripoll wrote:

Oh, who would have guessed....

me? :)

Shouldn't be needed with a recent GTK+ (thus recent version of GIMP don't include this plug-in). But see yourself, this already shows that we don't know what went wrong.

I have GTK 2.8.6 installed, and copy/paste from gimp to word still requires the "copy to clipboard" function.

Best regards,

Olivier

Michael Schumacher
2005-11-30 20:38:56 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Golden Letters #2

Olivier Ripoll wrote:

I have GTK 2.8.6 installed, and copy/paste from gimp to word still requires the "copy to clipboard" function.

Yep, at least for Word 2003... strange, used to work in Word 2000, and works fine in the current versions of Excel and Powerpoint. Maybe a bug in the Office Clipboard?

Michael

Olivier Ripoll
2005-12-01 09:55:22 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Golden Letters #2

Olivier Ripoll wrote:

Yep, at least for Word 2003... strange, used to work in Word 2000, and works fine in the current versions of Excel and Powerpoint. Maybe a bug in the Office Clipboard?

Michael

Just for the record: Gimp 2.2.9 and GTK 2.8.6 on one machine, GTK 2.8.7 and gimp 2.3.5 on the other.
"copy" / paste works on both with irfan viewer, MS paint, powerpoint 2000 and excel 2000.
"copy" / paste fails on both in word 2000 "copy to clipboard" / paste works on gimp 2.2.9 in word 2000 no "copy to clipboard" option in gimp 2.3.5.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Axel Wernicke
2005-12-07 18:33:42 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Golden Letters #2

Am 29.11.2005 um 22:10 schrieb Michael Henke:

Hi all,

Attachment No. 1 shows the letters that I created in The Gimp, Attachment No.2 shows the result after I copy and paste it in Microsoft Frontpage.

wait a minute - that wasn't you sending a 500kB post with binary attachments to a mailing list with hundreds of recipients right??

But if you would have been the one - would you p_l_e_a_s_e have a look on google and check for a document called "netiquette" - get it, read it and then you are invited to ask the question again.

Thanks a lot

lexa

--- Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get... GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen

Jos van Kan
2005-12-10 17:06:19 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Golden Letters #2

Michael Henke wrote:

Hi all,

If you want a transparent background you can't use .jpg because it does not support transparency. Use one of the formats that does.

Regards,