RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Appending jpg images

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Appending jpg images Steve Graham 24 Nov 19:44
  Appending jpg images Simon Budig 24 Nov 20:02
   Appending jpg images Steve Graham 24 Nov 23:22
Steve Graham
2005-11-24 19:44:06 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Appending jpg images

I split a pdf file into 4 jpegs by using the File/Acquire/Screen Shot option to get one then scrolling down the pdf and repeating the process.

I now wish to create a single jpeg of all 4 of them. This I have no idea how to accomplish. I have tried pulling one into GIMP and expanding the work area to paste in the second but that did not work.

Can someone please give a pointer on how to do this? Or perhaps a URL?

TIA, Steve

Simon Budig
2005-11-24 20:02:38 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Appending jpg images

Steve Graham (js.graham@comcast.net) wrote:

I split a pdf file into 4 jpegs by using the File/Acquire/Screen Shot option to get one then scrolling down the pdf and repeating the process.

I now wish to create a single jpeg of all 4 of them. This I have no idea how to accomplish. I have tried pulling one into GIMP and expanding the work area to paste in the second but that did not work.

I'd suggest to open the PDF from within the GIMP. This should save you the work of aligning the screenshots.

However, if this for some reason does not work, open the individual jpegs and the layer dialog. Then drag the layers from three of the images to the remaining image, you get an image with multiple layers. You can use the move tool to adjust the images, you need to resize the canvas to make them all fit in the image though.

I hope this helps, Simon

Steve Graham
2005-11-24 23:22:27 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Appending jpg images

On Thursday 24 November 2005 1:02 pm, Simon Budig wrote:

Steve Graham (js.graham@comcast.net) wrote:

I'd suggest to open the PDF from within the GIMP. This should save you the work of aligning the screenshots.

However, if this for some reason does not work, open the individual jpegs and the layer dialog. Then drag the layers from three of the images to the remaining image, you get an image with multiple layers. You can use the move tool to adjust the images, you need to resize the canvas to make them all fit in the image though.

I hope this helps, Simon

Simon,

Thanks for the idea. Opened the pdf in Gimp and saved it as a jpeg. Took care of the conversion and now the file was small enough to upload.

Thanks again.

Steve