RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP and SANE - Linux

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP and SANE - Linux Newton Nickel 23 Sep 22:44
  GIMP and SANE - Linux michael chang 23 Sep 22:53
  GIMP and SANE - Linux Patrick Shanahan 23 Sep 23:07
Newton Nickel
2005-09-23 22:44:44 UTC (over 18 years ago)

GIMP and SANE - Linux

Dear Friends : I need some help, cause I can´t use my scanner with GIMP on Linux. I don't saw it, at acquire. How to do to solve this problem ? Sincerely, Newton - Brazil

_______________________________________________________ Novo Yahoo! Messenger com voz: ligações, Yahoo! Avatars, novos emoticons e muito mais. Instale agora! www.yahoo.com.br/messenger/

michael chang
2005-09-23 22:53:52 UTC (over 18 years ago)

GIMP and SANE - Linux

On 9/23/05, Newton Nickel wrote:

Dear Friends : I need some help, cause I can´t use my scanner with GIMP on Linux. I don't saw it, at acquire. How to do to solve this problem ? Sincerely,

Let me see if I understand you; you can't user your scanner with Linux + GIMP because it's not found in the dialog?

Erm... I guess you have to load the drivers or modules for your scanner, if they are already compiled, or recompile your kernel with those drivers. This is assuming that your scanner has a linux driver/module, which it may or may not have.

Does the scanner work with any other applications in Linux? What distro and version of Linux (kernel, and the distro) are you using?

-- ~Mike
- Just my two cents
- No man is an island, and no man is unable.

Patrick Shanahan
2005-09-23 23:07:42 UTC (over 18 years ago)

GIMP and SANE - Linux

* Newton Nickel [09-23-05 15:50]:

Dear Friends : I need some help, cause I can´t use my scanner with GIMP on Linux. I don't saw it, at acquire. How to do to solve this problem ?

from the control-line:
ln -s ~/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins/xsane ///bin/xsane
restart the gimp