RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Question

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Question Cody McLean 22 Sep 05:24
  Question Harish Narayanan 22 Sep 05:55
  Question Carol Spears 22 Sep 06:34
Cody McLean
2005-09-22 05:24:11 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Question

I was just wondering how I could change some settings in the program. I would like to change a few of the File Extensions so that certain graphics and such aren't opened in the GIMP when I double click. I tried reinstalling the program to change these options through there but they are all checked and grayed out so I am unable to change them. Help please.

Harish Narayanan
2005-09-22 05:55:14 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Question

Cody McLean wrote:

I was just wondering how I could change some settings in the program. I would like to change a few of the File Extensions so that certain graphics and such aren't opened in the GIMP when I double click. I tried reinstalling the program to change these options through there but they are all checked and grayed out so I am unable to change them. Help please.

I'm assuming you've installed the GIMP on a Windows machine.

Just browse to a file you don't want to open up in the GIMP when you double click, but does at the moment. Right click the file and scroll down to "Open with->Choose Program" (if this is windows XP). Pick the other program you want opening the file when you double click it, making sure you check the little box at the bottom which says something like "Always use selected program to open files of this type.".

And the next time you double click these sorts of files, they open up in the program you chose.

Harish

Carol Spears
2005-09-22 06:34:31 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Question

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 03:24:11AM +0000, Cody McLean wrote:

I was just wondering how I could change some settings in the program. I would like to change a few of the File Extensions so that certain graphics and such aren't opened in the GIMP when I double click. I tried reinstalling the program to change these options through there but they are all checked and grayed out so I am unable to change them. Help please.

this can be accomplished, it has to be done at compile time.

there is information on how to build gimp on the gimp wiki: http://wiki.gimp.org

to find the things to tell the configure script, start your build with ./configure --help | more (if you are building with the debian version of more and less....)

let us know how it goes!

carol