RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP Logo

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP Logo Mattia Vaccari 17 Aug 01:36
b14e81f005081706381a6654c1@... 07 Oct 20:17
  GIMP Logo michael chang 17 Aug 15:38
Mattia Vaccari
2005-08-17 01:36:36 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GIMP Logo

Hi there,

a few years ago I generated a few logos using Gimp 1.2 on my Mandrake Linux 9.? Now, I had been using the same logo generator script/theme for all logos, which gave the web page a somewhat consistent look. As I set off to update (and add to) the aforementioned logos, I realized that the logo script/theme is not available in either Gimp 1.* or 2.* standard releases. Is there a repository of gimp scripts where I could look this up? A sample logo is attached, if anyone happens to have been using it.

Cheers

Mattia

michael chang
2005-08-17 15:38:47 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GIMP Logo

On 8/16/05, Mattia Vaccari wrote:

Hi there,

a few years ago I generated a few logos using Gimp 1.2 on my Mandrake Linux 9.? Now, I had been using the same logo generator script/theme for all logos, which gave the web page a somewhat consistent look. As I set off to update (and add to) the aforementioned logos, I realized that the logo script/theme is not available in either Gimp 1.* or 2.* standard releases. Is there a repository of gimp scripts where I could look this up? A sample logo is attached, if anyone happens to have been using it.

There are similar scripts that do that sort of effect, if you still have the font which created them. Just make the text layer, with the font of your choice in the text tool in Gimp 2.x, and then turn the background transparent (to alpha). If you have e.g. a white background, using Color to Alpha on White will turn it transparent. Then you can use Alpha to Logo...

Sorry if this is more complex than the script you used before -- Maybe you can find the original package you used. You could also try digging around in the plug-in repositry; can't remember if there are script-fus in there or not.

-- ~Mike
- Just my two cents
- No man is an island, and no man is unable.