RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp issues with jpeg's

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp issues with jpeg's Mark Szymanski 15 Aug 02:17
  Gimp issues with jpeg's Carol Spears 15 Aug 04:14
Mark Szymanski
2005-08-15 02:17:05 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Gimp issues with jpeg's

Discovered that my inability to open a .jpg was due to a missing libexif.50.10. After finding the right version, Gimp worked. This is, of course, updating version 2.0.2 on Novell Linux Desktop, SuSE 9.3. Never had any issue like that running Windows, but I still prefer my penguin.

Mark Szymanski

Carol Spears
2005-08-15 04:14:22 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Gimp issues with jpeg's

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 08:17:05PM -0400, Mark Szymanski wrote:

Discovered that my inability to open a .jpg was due to a missing libexif.50.10. After finding the right version, Gimp worked. This is, of course, updating version 2.0.2 on Novell Linux Desktop, SuSE 9.3. Never had any issue like that running Windows, but I still prefer my penguin.

don't blame that on the penguin, blame it on the monkey!

debian, mandrake, gentoo, mepis, ubunto, most magazine versions, knoppix, redhat, fedora. none of these penguins had problems. their individual mascots all had different issues though. it is to be expected.

carol