RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

plug-in problems

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

plug-in problems Doug 08 Aug 15:44
  plug-in problems Carol Spears 08 Aug 18:17
42F8703D.7030804@onetel.com 07 Oct 20:17
  plug-in problems Doug 09 Aug 19:43
   plug-in problems michael chang 09 Aug 20:02
    plug-in problems Sven Neumann 09 Aug 22:02
    plug-in problems Doug 10 Aug 12:52
Doug
2005-08-08 15:44:09 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

plug-in problems

Apologies for the Newbie question!

I'm using Gimp 2.2.4 and attempting to run the Colour Management plug-in, 'gimp-color-manager 0.1.0'. My OS is Mandrake Linux LE2005.
Following the INSTALL instructions I've configured, make'd and installed it. 'gimp-color-manager' appears in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins, (but not in ~/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins). However, I'm unable to activate it.

Gimp=> File=> Preferences=> Folders => Plug-ins shows /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins as one of the Plug-In Folders. But Gimp=> Xtns=> Plug-in Browser doesn't find the colour manager plug-in and only searches among the plug-ins installed with the system.

There doesn't appear to be anything in Gimp 2.2.4 corresponding to the Xtns/Plugins Details or Plugin Description dialog as described in Gimp Help for incorporating new plug-ins.

What's missing or what am I doing wrong? I'd be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks

Doug

Carol Spears
2005-08-08 18:17:10 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

plug-in problems

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 02:44:09PM +0100, Doug wrote:

I'm using Gimp 2.2.4 and attempting to run the Colour Management plug-in, 'gimp-color-manager 0.1.0'. My OS is Mandrake Linux LE2005.
Following the INSTALL instructions I've configured, make'd and installed it. 'gimp-color-manager' appears in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins, (but not in ~/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins). However, I'm unable to activate it.

Gimp=> File=> Preferences=> Folders => Plug-ins shows /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins as one of the Plug-In Folders. But Gimp=> Xtns=> Plug-in Browser doesn't find the colour manager plug-in and only searches among the plug-ins installed with the system.

There doesn't appear to be anything in Gimp 2.2.4 corresponding to the Xtns/Plugins Details or Plugin Description dialog as described in Gimp Help for incorporating new plug-ins.

gimp has display filters that can adjust the display according to a monitor profile. View-->Display Filters. the problem is that you are on your own to find your monitor profile and install it there.

as far as color printing goes, gutenberg print (whatever gimp print has changed its name to) is on its way towards handling printer profilers if it does not handle them already.

carol

Doug
2005-08-09 19:43:20 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

plug-in problems

Carol Spears wrote:

gimp has display filters that can adjust the display according to a monitor profile. View-->Display Filters. the problem is that you are on your own to find your monitor profile and install it there.

as far as color printing goes, gutenberg print (whatever gimp print has changed its name to) is on its way towards handling printer profilers if it does not handle them already.

carol

Carol,
Thanks for the help - I'll follow it up.

I still have a general newbie problem about installing plug-ins, however - I'm not sure that I've understood properly what to do. Can you advise me what I've done wrong or omitted here in trying to get 'gimp-color-manager' onto Gimp-2.2.4?

Doug

michael chang
2005-08-09 20:02:54 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

plug-in problems

On 8/9/05, Doug wrote:

Carol Spears wrote:

Following the INSTALL instructions I've configured, make'd and installed it. 'gimp-color-manager' appears in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins, (but not in ~/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins).

however - I'm not sure that I've understood properly what to do. Can you advise me what I've done wrong or omitted here in trying to get 'gimp-color-manager' onto Gimp-2.2.4?

Are GIMP 2.0 plugins even _compatable_ with 2.2 plugins?

Also, is this a binary install, or a source-compile?

Sven Neumann
2005-08-09 22:02:18 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

plug-in problems

Hi,

michael chang writes:

Yes, binary and source compatible.

Sven

Doug
2005-08-10 12:52:25 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

plug-in problems

michael chang wrote:

On 8/9/05, Doug wrote:

Carol Spears wrote:

Following the INSTALL instructions I've configured, make'd and installed it. 'gimp-color-manager' appears in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins, (but not in ~/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins).

however - I'm not sure that I've understood properly what to do. Can you advise me what I've done wrong or omitted here in trying to get 'gimp-color-manager' onto Gimp-2.2.4?

Also, is this a binary install, or a source-compile?

source-compile from a tar.gz file

Doug