RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP 2.2 segfaulting

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

200508081155.07712.rikard.j... 07 Oct 20:17
  GIMP 2.2 segfaulting Sven Neumann 08 Aug 14:20
   GIMP 2.2 segfaulting Manish Singh 08 Aug 20:08
Sven Neumann
2005-08-08 14:20:46 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GIMP 2.2 segfaulting

Hi,

Rikard Johnels writes:

Did a apt- dist-upgrade on my SuSE 9.2 system last night. And now i cant run GIMP at all.
It starts, but as soon as i press any of the buttons "File" , "Xtns" or Help to load files or anything it segfaults with a message sucha as:

~> gimp

(gimp:26963): Gdk-WARNING **: Using Cairo rendering requires the drawable argument to
have a specified colormap. All windows have a colormap, however, pixmaps only have colormap by default if they were created with a non-NULL window argument. Otherwise a colormap must be set on them with gdk_drawable_set_colormap

Looks like you are using an unstable development version of GTK+. That is your problem then, you should have known that this might cause problems. Downgrade to a stable GTK+ release.

Sven

Manish Singh
2005-08-08 20:08:19 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GIMP 2.2 segfaulting

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 02:20:46PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Rikard Johnels writes:

Did a apt- dist-upgrade on my SuSE 9.2 system last night. And now i cant run GIMP at all.
It starts, but as soon as i press any of the buttons "File" , "Xtns" or Help to load files or anything it segfaults with a message sucha as:

~> gimp

(gimp:26963): Gdk-WARNING **: Using Cairo rendering requires the drawable argument to
have a specified colormap. All windows have a colormap, however, pixmaps only have colormap by default if they were created with a non-NULL window argument. Otherwise a colormap must be set on them with gdk_drawable_set_colormap

Looks like you are using an unstable development version of GTK+. That is your problem then, you should have known that this might cause problems. Downgrade to a stable GTK+ release.

IIRC, this is because the gtk-qt-engine for themes is doing naughty things, and the rules are being enforced actively in development GTK+s.

You can downgrade to GTK+ 2.6.x like Sven suggested, or switch to a theme that does not use gtk-qt-engine.

-Yosh