RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

rounded corners box

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

rounded corners box cappellano 30 Jun 18:36
  rounded corners box Carol Spears 30 Jun 20:41
  rounded corners box nuno alexandre 30 Jun 22:53
20050630163705.5B08613440@l... 07 Oct 20:17
  rounded corners box Michael J. Hammel 30 Jun 19:49
cappellano
2005-06-30 18:36:28 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

rounded corners box

hi list!

how can I make a rounded corner box without using the scripf fu? I tried using some features in the "selection" menu. It work, but when I fill the content with the buck, the color overlaps the box.

any idea?

thanks!

Michael J. Hammel
2005-06-30 19:49:11 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

rounded corners box

On Thu, 2005-06-30 cappellano wrote to GIMP user:

how can I make a rounded corner box without using the scripf fu? I tried using some features in the "selection" menu. It work, but when I fill the content with the buck, the color overlaps the box.

Sure. In a nutshell:

Creating rounded corner selections manually: Start with new window, white background. Drag 2 vertical and 2 horizontal guides to create a box in your canvas. Make circular selection in one corner of 4 guides. Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V as new layer. Invert color (to black) for new layer. Deselect. Duplicate new layer 3 times, putting each new duplicate in another corner of the guides. Add guides through center of each circle, vertical and horizontal. Fuzzy select, using Merged, each black circle, holding down shift key after first one to join each selection. Use rectangular selection and shift key to draw square selection through centers of circles that merges with existing circular selections.

The combined square selections (you will need to make two of these) with the 4 circular selections creates a rounded corner selection.

Carol Spears
2005-06-30 20:41:47 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

rounded corners box

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 01:36:28PM -0300, cappellano wrote:

hi list!

you can use a round brush which fills the corner the way you would like and use the brush with quickmask.

carol

nuno alexandre
2005-06-30 22:53:53 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

rounded corners box

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 13:36 -0300, cappellano wrote:

hi list!

any idea?

thanks!

in gimp-3.0.1:

1) make a square using the square tool 2) right click -> select -> rounded rectangle 3) done.