RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

finding/identifying python filters.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

finding/identifying python filters. John R. Culleton 29 Jun 19:56
  finding/identifying python filters. Carol Spears 30 Jun 00:50
John R. Culleton
2005-06-29 19:56:35 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

I am working with unstable CVS (2.3.2) and am just trying things out. I can find plugins on my disk that have the suffix .py which means of course that they are written in python. But often they have identical names and functions as older script-fu products. So how to I specify the python plug in and distinguish it from the similar script-fu plugin? The plugin browser seems not to make any distinction, or else it simply doesn't show the python plug ins.

John Culleton

Carol Spears
2005-06-30 00:50:43 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 05:56:35PM +0000, John R. Culleton wrote:

I am working with unstable CVS (2.3.2) and am just trying things out. I can find plugins on my disk that have the suffix .py which means of course that they are written in python. But often they have identical names and functions as older script-fu products. So how to I specify the python plug in and distinguish it from the similar script-fu plugin? The plugin browser seems not to make any distinction, or else it simply doesn't show the python plug ins.

congrats for using a cvs version that is newer than mine; i opted to wait for debian to fix some broken libraries before updating again and if i am not mistaken, some of the menus you are using are different from mine.

there is a recent effort to make the language of the plug-in or the script invisible to the user.

the information about the plug-in is cryptically available right now via the plug-in browser.

i say cryptically since my plug-in browser opened with 2x2 Blur plug-in and it has been named perl_fu_blur_2x2.

it would be up to the authors at this point to write this into the name. i think i was consistent about this when writing my python_fu plug-ins.

i should see if debian is ready for me to update gimp yet....

carol