RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

export and print ( update )

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

export and print ( update ) sam ende 29 Jun 18:07
r02010500-1039-DAD2E59BE823... 07 Oct 20:17
  export and print ( update ) michael chang 30 Jun 15:22
sam ende
2005-06-29 18:07:55 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 23:27, Richard Nagle wrote:

Too bad one can¹t use the real epson driver... with Gimp.

it seems to me your problem is with gimp print and not gimp per se. did you ask at the the gimp print forum as i suggested some while ago ?

sammi

michael chang
2005-06-30 15:22:08 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On 6/28/05, Richard Nagle wrote:

it would ³appear² ( Gimp-Print ) 4.2.7 and the C84 driver, plus the fact Gimp doesn¹t offer color management. ( 2.2.6 )

You seem to fail to notice that on the other operating systems that The GIMP runs on (Windows and The GIMP / Linux and CUPS and The GIMP) have colour management put into the *print system* and not the application level. Therefore, the problem would seem to be that APPLE doesn't support Colour Correction. Talk to gimp-print, and ask how they handle printers on Apple systems. Then double check your color management settings for your printer in the OS. If they don't exist, I doubt you can expect The GIMP to implement it's own colour management.

~Mike