RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Missing functionality?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Missing functionality? McAfee 28 Jun 04:35
  Missing functionality? michael chang 28 Jun 18:44
   Missing functionality? McAfee 28 Jun 20:46
Missing functionality? McAfee 30 Jun 04:35
McAfee
2005-06-28 04:35:07 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Missing functionality?

I finally got around to update my Gimp installation. I deleted Gimp 1.2 and installed Gimp 2.2.6, gimpprint, and gimp-help. libjpeg, libpng, libtiff, libXpm and libgtkhtml are also installed.

However... 1) I cannot open/save any format other than '.xcf'. The message in the error console is 'Unknown file type' for any .gif, .png, .jpg, .xpm image I attempt to open or save with that extension.

2) There is no 'file > print' menu.

3) The help-browser module still doesn't get built

Thanks for any help.

michael chang
2005-06-28 18:44:19 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Missing functionality?

An Operating System and/or Distribution and install method would be nice... Are you sure you installed libjpeg-dev, libpng-dev, libtiff-dev, libXpm-def, and libgtk-html-dev, assuming you compiled the Gimp from source [on Linux Distributions]? Are you sure ./configure [or related script] found those libraries (check it's output)?

Just a couple of thoughts.

On 6/27/05, McAfee wrote:

and installed Gimp 2.2.6, gimpprint, and gimp-help. libjpeg, libpng, libtiff, libXpm and libgtkhtml are also installed.

However... 1) I cannot open/save any format other than '.xcf'. The message in the 2) There is no 'file > print' menu.

This looks seriously like the GIMP can't find anything -- IIRC, the first requires graphics libraries (and if you built from source, the devel packages/source for them), the second would probably need gimp-print or something or other, and the last requires a web browser (e.g. mozilla) that the help-browser can find.

You do have GTK+ installed and upgraded also to meet the upgraded GIMP, right?

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Just my two cents.

McAfee
2005-06-28 20:46:40 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Missing functionality?

michael chang wrote:

An Operating System and/or Distribution and install method would be nice...

Sorry about that...

env: Solaris9-sparc

Are you sure you installed libjpeg-dev, libpng-dev, libtiff-dev, libXpm-dev, and libgtk-html-dev, assuming you compiled the Gimp from source [on Linux Distributions]?

The following libs are installed...

/usr/local/lib: libjpeg.so.62.0.0, libpng.so.3.1.2.8, libtiff.so.3.7.2, libgimpprint.so.1.1.3
/usr/lib: libXpm.so.4.11
/opt/sfw/lib: libgtkhtml-2.so.0.0.0

Are you sure ./configure found those libraries (check it's output)?

The 'configure' script "seemed" to find them. (see attachment: config.txt)

Just a couple of thoughts.

On 6/27/05, McAfee wrote:

and installed Gimp 2.2.6, gimpprint, and gimp-help. libjpeg, libpng, libtiff, libXpm and libgtkhtml are also installed.

However... 1) I cannot open/save any format other than '.xcf'. The message in the 2) There is no 'file > print' menu.

This looks seriously like the GIMP can't find anything -- IIRC, the first requires graphics libraries (and if you built from source, the devel packages/source for them), the second would probably need gimp-print or something or other, and the last requires a web browser (e.g. mozilla) that the help-browser can find.

You do have GTK+ installed and upgraded also to meet the upgraded GIMP, right?

Yes, GTK+-2.6.4

Just my two cents.

I also noted that none of the filters seem to get built either! Sheesh!

Thanks for any help.

# ./configure --prefix=/opt/sfw checking for a BSD-compatible install... /opt/sfw/bin/ginstall -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out checking whether the C compiler works... yes checking whether we are cross compiling... no checking for suffix of executables... checking for suffix of object files... o checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed checking for style of include used by make... GNU checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3 checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9 checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9 checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /opt/sfw/bin/gsed checking for egrep... egrep
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/ccs/bin/ld checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E checking for ANSI C header files... yes checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes checking dependency style of g++... gcc3 checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E checking for g77... g77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes checking whether g77 accepts -g... yes checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 262144 checking command to parse /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p output from gcc object... ok checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if gcc static flag works... yes checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... yes checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.9 ld.so checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes checking whether to build shared libraries... yes checking whether to build static libraries... no configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool checking for ld used by g++... /usr/ccs/bin/ld checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.9 ld.so checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes checking whether to build shared libraries... yes checking whether to build static libraries... no checking for g77 option to produce PIC... -fPIC checking if g77 PIC flag -fPIC works... yes checking if g77 supports -c -o file.o... yes checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.9 ld.so checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no checking for target architecture... sparc-sun-solaris2.9 checking for some Win32 platform... no checking for native Win32... no
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed checking for a BSD-compatible install... /opt/sfw/bin/ginstall -c checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64 checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no checking whether to turn on debugging... no checking whether to turn on profiling... no checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes checking for library containing opendir... none required checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes checking sys/param.h usability... yes checking sys/param.h presence... yes checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking sys/times.h usability... yes checking sys/times.h presence... yes checking for sys/times.h... yes
checking for sys/wait.h... (cached) yes checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes checking for pid_t... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void checking for vprintf... yes
checking for _doprnt... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes checking for alloca... yes
checking for difftime... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for mmap... yes
checking for perl... /bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... ok
checking for iconv... /bin/iconv
checking for msgfmt... /bin/msgfmt
checking for msgmerge... /opt/sfw/bin/msgmerge checking for xgettext... /bin/xgettext checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking libintl.h usability... yes
checking libintl.h presence... yes
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking for ngettext in libc... yes checking for dgettext in libc... yes checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... yes checking for msgfmt... /bin/msgfmt
checking for dcgettext... yes
checking for gmsgfmt... /bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /bin/xgettext checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... (cached) yes found xgettext program is not GNU xgettext; ignore it checking for catalogs to be installed... bg ca cs da de el en_CA en_GB es eu fi fr ga gl he hu hr id it ja ko lt ms nb nl no pa pl pt pt_BR ro ru sk sr sr@Latn sv tr uk vi yi zh_CN zh_TW checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config checking for GLIB - version >= 2.4.5... yes (version 2.6.4) checking for gmodule-2.0 gobject-2.0... yes checking GMODULE_CFLAGS... -I/opt/sfw/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/sfw/lib/glib-2.0/include checking GMODULE_LIBS... -L/opt/sfw/lib -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -liconv checking if GLib is version 2.7.0 or newer... no checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... (cached) yes checking for X... libraries /usr/openwin/lib, headers /usr/openwin/include checking whether -R must be followed by a space... no checking for gethostbyname... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes checking for connect... no
checking for connect in -lsocket... yes checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/local/bin/pkg-config checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.4.4... yes (version 2.6.4) checking if GTK+ is version 2.7.0 or newer... no checking for gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.4.4... yes checking GDK_PIXBUF_CFLAGS... -I/opt/sfw/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/sfw/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/sfw/gtk/include/gtk-2.0 checking GDK_PIXBUF_LIBS... -L/opt/sfw/lib -L/opt/sfw/gtk/lib -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0 -liconv checking for gdk-pixbuf-csource... /opt/sfw/gtk/bin/gdk-pixbuf-csource checking for libart-2.0... yes
checking LIBART_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/include/libart-2.0 checking LIBART_LIBS... -L/usr/local/lib -lart_lgpl_2 checking for fontconfig >= 2.2.0... yes checking FONTCONFIG_CFLAGS...
checking FONTCONFIG_LIBS... -lfontconfig checking for pangoft2 >= 1.4.0... yes checking PANGOFT2_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/sfw/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/sfw/lib/glib-2.0/include checking PANGOFT2_LIBS... -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/sfw/lib -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0 -liconv checking if Pango is version 1.9.0 or newer... no checking if Pango is built with a recent fontconfig... yes checking for freetype-config... /usr/local/bin/freetype-config checking for freetype libraries... -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -lfreetype -lz checking math.h usability... yes
checking math.h presence... yes
checking for math.h... yes
checking ieeefp.h usability... yes
checking ieeefp.h presence... yes
checking for ieeefp.h... yes
checking for extra flags to get ANSI library prototypes... none needed checking for finite... yes
checking for extra flags for POSIX compliance... none needed checking for rint... no
checking for rint in -lm... yes
checking for inet_ntoa... no
checking for inet_ntoa in -lnsl... yes checking for socket in -lsocket... yes checking sys/ipc.h usability... yes
checking sys/ipc.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ipc.h... yes
checking sys/shm.h usability... yes
checking sys/shm.h presence... yes
checking for sys/shm.h... yes
checking whether shmctl IPC_RMID allowes subsequent attaches... no checking for shared memory transport type... sysv checking whether symbols are prefixed... no checking checking for regex in glibc... no checking fd_set and sys/select... yes checking for XmuClientWindow in -lXmu... yes checking for X11/Xmu/WinUtil.h... yes checking for TIFFReadScanline in -ltiff... yes checking tiffio.h usability... yes
checking tiffio.h presence... yes
checking for tiffio.h... yes
checking for jpeg_destroy_decompress in -ljpeg... yes checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for jpeg_simple_progression in -ljpeg... yes checking for gzsetparams in -lz... yes checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for png_read_info in -lpng... yes checking png.h usability... yes
checking png.h presence... yes
checking for png.h... yes
checking for png_structp in png.h... yes checking for mng_create in -lmng... no configure: WARNING: *** MNG plug-in will not be built (MNG library not found) *** configure: WARNING: *** MNG plug-in will not be built (MNG header file not found) *** checking for libexif... yes
checking EXIF_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/include/libexif -I/usr/local/include checking EXIF_LIBS... -L/usr/local/lib -lexif -lm checking for aa_printf in -laa... yes checking aalib.h usability... no
checking aalib.h presence... no
checking for aalib.h... no
configure: WARNING: *** AA plug-in will not be built (AA header file not found) *** checking for XpmReadFileToXpmImage in -lXpm... yes checking X11/xpm.h usability... yes
checking X11/xpm.h presence... yes
checking for X11/xpm.h... yes
checking for libgtkhtml-2.0 >= 2.0.0... yes checking GTKHTML2_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/openwin/include -I/usr/local/include/gtkhtml-2.0 -I/opt/sfw/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/sfw/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/sfw/gtk/include/gtk-2.0 -I/opt/sfw/gtk/lib/gtk-2.0/include checking GTKHTML2_LIBS... -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/sfw/lib -L/opt/sfw/gtk/lib -lgtkhtml-2 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lxml2 -lpthread -lz -lsocket -lnsl -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lpangoxft-1.0 -lpangox-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0 -liconv checking for librsvg-2.0 >= 2.2.0... sh: gnome-config: not found sh: gnome-config: not found
configure: WARNING: *** SVG import plug-in will not be built (librsvg not found) *** checking for gimpprint-config... /usr/local/bin/gimpprint-config checking for GIMP-PRINT - version >= 4.2.0... yes checking for libwmf-config... no
configure: WARNING: *** WMF plug-in will not be built (libwmf not found) *** checking for cmsCreate_sRGBProfile in -llcms... no configure: WARNING: *** color proof module will not be built (lcms not found or unuseable) *** checking for ALSA CFLAGS...
checking for ALSA LDFLAGS... -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread checking for libasound headers version >= 1.0.0... not present. checking for snd_ctl_open in -lasound... no configure: WARNING: *** midi input controller will be built without alsa support (alsa not found or unuseable) *** checking linux/input.h usability... no checking linux/input.h presence... no checking for linux/input.h... no
checking for sendmail... /usr/lib/sendmail checking for perl5... no
checking for perl... /bin/perl
checking checking for Mac OS X TWAIN support... no checking for xmllint... /bin/xmllint checking for xsltproc... /usr/local/bin/xsltproc configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating gimptool-win32.c config.status: creating tools/Makefile config.status: creating tools/pdbgen/Makefile config.status: creating regexrepl/Makefile config.status: creating libgimp/Makefile config.status: creating libgimpbase/Makefile config.status: creating libgimpcolor/Makefile config.status: creating libgimpmath/Makefile config.status: creating libgimpmodule/Makefile config.status: creating libgimpthumb/Makefile config.status: creating libgimpwidgets/Makefile config.status: creating app/Makefile config.status: creating app/actions/Makefile config.status: creating app/base/Makefile config.status: creating app/config/Makefile config.status: creating app/core/Makefile config.status: creating app/dialogs/Makefile config.status: creating app/display/Makefile config.status: creating app/file/Makefile config.status: creating app/gui/Makefile config.status: creating app/menus/Makefile config.status: creating app/paint/Makefile config.status: creating app/paint-funcs/Makefile config.status: creating app/composite/Makefile config.status: creating app/pdb/Makefile config.status: creating app/plug-in/Makefile config.status: creating app/text/Makefile config.status: creating app/tools/Makefile config.status: creating app/vectors/Makefile config.status: creating app/widgets/Makefile config.status: creating app/xcf/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/dbbrowser/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/script-fu/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/script-fu/siod/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/script-fu/scripts/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/script-fu/scripts/images/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/xjt/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/FractalExplorer/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/FractalExplorer/examples/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/Lighting/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/Lighting/images/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/MapObject/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/bmp/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/common/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/faxg3/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/fits/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/flame/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/gfig/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/gfig/gfig-examples/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/gfig/images/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/gflare/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/gflare/gflares/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/gfli/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/gimpressionist/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/gimpressionist/Brushes/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/gimpressionist/Paper/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/gimpressionist/Presets/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/help/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/helpbrowser/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/ifscompose/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/imagemap/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/imagemap/images/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/maze/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/pagecurl/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/print/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/pygimp/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/pygimp/doc/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/pygimp/plug-ins/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/rcm/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/rcm/images/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/sel2path/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/sgi/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/twain/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/winicon/Makefile config.status: creating plug-ins/winsnap/Makefile config.status: creating modules/Makefile config.status: creating devel-docs/Makefile config.status: creating devel-docs/app/Makefile config.status: creating devel-docs/app/version config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimp/Makefile config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimp/version config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpbase/Makefile config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpbase/version config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpcolor/Makefile config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpcolor/version config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpmath/Makefile config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpmath/version config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpmodule/Makefile config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpmodule/version config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpthumb/Makefile config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpthumb/version config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpwidgets/Makefile config.status: creating devel-docs/libgimpwidgets/version config.status: creating docs/Makefile config.status: creating menus/Makefile config.status: creating tips/Makefile config.status: creating cursors/Makefile config.status: creating themes/Makefile config.status: creating themes/Default/Makefile config.status: creating themes/Default/images/Makefile config.status: creating themes/Default/images/preferences/Makefile config.status: creating themes/Small/Makefile config.status: creating data/Makefile config.status: creating data/environ/Makefile config.status: creating data/misc/Makefile config.status: creating data/misc/gimp.desktop.in config.status: creating data/misc/gimp.keys config.status: creating data/misc/gimp.applications config.status: creating data/images/Makefile config.status: creating data/brushes/Makefile config.status: creating data/gradients/Makefile config.status: creating data/palettes/Makefile config.status: creating data/patterns/Makefile config.status: creating etc/Makefile config.status: creating m4macros/Makefile config.status: creating po/Makefile.in config.status: creating po-libgimp/Makefile.in config.status: creating po-plug-ins/Makefile.in config.status: creating po-script-fu/Makefile.in config.status: creating gimp-zip
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating docs/gimp-2.2.1 config.status: creating docs/gimprc-2.2.5 config.status: creating docs/gimptool-2.0.1 config.status: creating docs/gimp-remote-2.2.1 config.status: creating gimptool-2.0 config.status: creating gimp-2.0.pc
config.status: creating gimpthumb-2.0.pc config.status: creating gimpui-2.0.pc config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands config.status: executing intltool commands config.status: executing default-1 commands config.status: executing libgimpbase/gimpversion.h commands config.status: libgimpbase/gimpversion.h is unchanged config.status: executing chmod-scripts commands config.status: executing sed-po-makefiles commands #

McAfee
2005-06-30 04:35:07 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Missing functionality?

I tried rebuilding Gimp 2.2.6. Closer inspection of the 'gmake' output revealed the following.
Making all in plug-ins
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/gimp/gimp-2.2.6/plug-ins' gmake[3]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/gimp/gimp-2.2.6/plug-ins' gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'. gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/gimp/gimp-2.2.6/plug-ins' gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/gimp/gimp-2.2.6/plug-ins' ...

The plugins don't seem to get built! The 'configure' process seemed to locate the necessary libs (libpng, libtiff, libxpm, libgimpprint etc.) so why are the plugins not getting built?

I'd tweak the makefile myself but I'm not sure where.

Thanks for any help,

Graeme

Env: Solaris9-sparc