RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Windows file dialog

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Windows file dialog Timo Steuerwald 07 Jun 21:13
  Windows file dialog Olivier Ripoll 08 Jun 09:51
   Windows file dialog Sven Neumann 09 Jun 01:42
  Windows file dialog Wolfgang Bauer 08 Jun 23:24
   Windows file dialog Timo Steuerwald 09 Jun 00:26
Timo Steuerwald
2005-06-07 21:13:43 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Windows file dialog

Hello all,

is there a way how I can get the common windows open and save file dialog in the windows version of GIMP?

Bye,

Timo

Olivier Ripoll
2005-06-08 09:51:02 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Windows file dialog

Timo Steuerwald wrote:

Hello all,

is there a way how I can get the common windows open and save file dialog in the windows version of GIMP?

Bye,

Timo

Hi Timo,

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: If you are a skilled gtk programmer, you can provide a patch to change the gimp to use the "common" one or to emulate its look. However, I am not enough an expert to evaluate the possibility that it could integrate well with the existing code (i.e. not break the linux/*BSD code). And I am not sure the developers would be happy to maintain several "window" layouts in the code.

Remark:
There is not really any "common" open and save window under windows. My notepad (MS program) open window is different from my Word (another MS program) window. It is also different from the Matlab one or the Irfan Viewer open window. Most of the applications provide their own window most of the time. There seems to be a open window that is more often used (at least under XP), so I guess you are taling about that one.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Wolfgang Bauer
2005-06-08 23:24:41 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Windows file dialog

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 21:13:43 +0200 Timo Steuerwald wrote:

Hello all,

Bye,

Timo _______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Hi
under windows, a long time ago i tested this one:

http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=3908

this might be what you are searching

bye

Timo Steuerwald
2005-06-09 00:26:50 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Windows file dialog

Wolfgang Bauer schrieb:

Hi
under windows, a long time ago i tested this one:

http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=3908

this might be what you are searching

Thanks! This should be the right thing :-)

Bye,

Timo

Sven Neumann
2005-06-09 01:42:47 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Windows file dialog

Hi,

Olivier Ripoll writes:

Longer answer:
If you are a skilled gtk programmer, you can provide a patch to change the gimp to use the "common" one or to emulate its look. However, I am not enough an expert to evaluate the possibility that it could integrate well with the existing code (i.e. not break the linux/*BSD code). And I am not sure the developers would be happy to maintain several "window" layouts in the code.

You would probably provide that patch for GTK+. The file-chooser has been designed with different implementations in mind. You'd have to wrap the native file-chooser in a GtkWidget that implements the GtkFileChooser interface.

Sven