RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

use existing flag?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

use existing flag? Charles Figura 31 May 19:38
  use existing flag? Michael Schumacher 31 May 19:56
   use existing flag? Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 31 May 20:28
   use existing flag? Sven Neumann 01 Jun 17:52
  use existing flag? Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 31 May 20:02
Charles Figura
2005-05-31 19:38:18 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

use existing flag?

I'm using gimp on a debian/KDE installation. Is there a 'use-existing' type flag for gimp startup? If I click on a few image icons in a konqueror window, a separate instance of the Gimp is fired up for each image. I'd much prefer that the image be opened in the existing instance of the Gimp (if one exists).

I haven't found anything pertaining in the Gimp docs. Does anybody know of anything out there?

Thanks for your help.

Michael Schumacher
2005-05-31 19:56:09 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

use existing flag?

Charles Figura wrote:

I'm using gimp on a debian/KDE installation. Is there a 'use-existing' type flag for gimp startup? If I click on a few image icons in a konqueror window, a separate instance of the Gimp is fired up for each image. I'd much prefer that the image be opened in the existing instance of the Gimp (if one exists).

I haven't found anything pertaining in the Gimp docs. Does anybody know of anything out there?

There is gimp-remote. It seems like the handler configured in Konqueror points to gimp instead of gimp-remote. You should check if this has to be reported as a bug to the Debian KDE package maintainer.

HTH, Michael

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-05-31 20:02:22 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

use existing flag?

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 14:38, Charles Figura wrote:

Thanks for your help.

You just have to run the gimp-remote executable binary, instead of the GIMP. It is created and installed with the instalation of gimp.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-05-31 20:28:37 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

use existing flag?

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 14:56, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Charles Figura wrote:

There is gimp-remote. It seems like the handler configured in Konqueror points to gimp instead of gimp-remote. You should check if this has to be reported as a bug to the Debian KDE package maintainer.

You'd better report it to the KDE project itself. It is this way in other distros as well.

HTH,
Michael

Sven Neumann
2005-06-01 17:52:32 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

use existing flag?

Hi,

Michael Schumacher writes:

Charles Figura wrote:

That would rather be a bug in KDE since the gimp.desktop file installed by GIMP clearly tells the file manager (and other users of the .desktop file) that gimp-remote should be used. The .desktop file specification is supposed to be implemented by KDE. But perhaps Charles is simply running old versions of GIMP and/or KDE?

Sven